Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Edit: title should say bolt not volt.

Hey folks!
Just got my bike last week, and I recent, I recently noticed that the bolt that let's you drain the oil tank seems to be leaky. Not anything huge, just a very very slow leak of oil. The oil level hasn't changed at all, and I tried tightening the bolt, to no avail. Any advice or similar experiences? I noticed it on Late Saturday night, and the dealership doesn't open until Tuesday.

·
Banned
562 Posts
Tuesday morning i would be there 5 minutes before open
that is BS that they would not have checked that before

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tuesday morning i would be there 5 minutes before open
that is BS that they would not have checked that before
Agreed. The dealership is a little bit of a hike, so I was wondering if anyone had any similar issues and solutions. It isn't a lot, in total of the 7 nights I've had it, three of the days it wasn't ridden in a row, the puddle was only slightly larger than the top of a coke can. At ideas what might be causing it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know on most cars there is a copper o-ring washer between the bolt and oil pan. If this gets over or under tightened it can slowly leak. It is usually recommended that you replace the $0.25 washer each time you take the bolt out to change the oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.