Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,366 Posts
Hi Folks,

I've only had my N300 a few weeks and haven't had a chance to change the oil yet myself, but it seems straightforward enough. However, when I read the Owner's Manual it says to have the dealer do it.

I assume they say this a) out of an abundance of caution, and b) to get the dealers more business, but isn't that going a bit far? Does Kawasaki not have any respect for their customers' ability to do basic maintenance themselves?

S
Liability reasons only, though they cannot say you cannot.

Dave

· Banned
140 Posts
2.2 liters oil = 2.3 quarts

Fairings on in driveway, busted knuckles, aluminum foil to keep oil off exhaust when removing filter:

Fairings on in shop on MC lift, oil change without jackstand, coolant, chain lube n adjust (but should use alignment tool), charge and jump battery, OD on carbon monoxide:

Right side lower fairing removed in garage, torque oil drain plug 14.5 ft lbs:

How to remove all engine fairings, sammich bag for loose parts, take photos of bolts and parts before removal:

How to safety wire oil filter, drain bolt and filler cap, using a hose clamp, optional predrilled drain bolt:

Gadgets to make safety wire fun with less profanity:

How to train your GF to change your oil and make you a sammich:

WARNING: If you have a new bike pay the dealer to do it to remain in warrantee

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.