Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this page,

I changed the oil on my 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300 today and now my bikes not working :(.

I have changed my oil and filter 1000 times however after draining the oil and removing the oil fiter, putting the new filter on and all that jazz I accidentally filled my bike up with just over 3 quartz of engine oil.

Not realising I tried to start my bike and when hitting the electric start the bike made a funny buzzing noise and didnt start (kill switch was not on and was in neutral!).

Realising I put too much oil in I drained around .5 quartz hoping this would solve it.

I tried again and now when hitting the electric start nothing happened at all. The battery light did come on however I was riding the bike earlier with no issues, cant see how it can die so fast?

Now the bikes fully dead with the dash not lighting up. Awaiting jumper cables however could have over filling my bike with engine oil done some damage?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wouldn't have thought overfilling it by only that much would have IMMEDIATELY stopped it from working.
I think something else is going on here....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe you put enough oil to flood the cylinders and hydro lock the engine? I never heard on anything like that though. Just fantasizing.

It must be the battery.
Make sure you have the right amount of oil and jump start the bike.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Battery just died.

Coincidence it happened right after the oil change.

Check the battery voltage with a volt meter. Should be 12.7V or more before turning on the ignition. After turning on the ignition it should still be 12.5 or more. When you hit the starter button it should stay over 10V.

I'm thinking you'll get next to nothing at that point.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any chance you left the key in the ignition "on" position while you did the oil service. The battery is small and drains quite quick. The led light and shock sensors (super low draw) of my aftermarket alarm on my bike will drain my battery to dead in a week if I don't ride. Key on not running=lights on dead battery in 30 minutes or less

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just adding in my two cents but everyone pretty much covered it - leave your bike on without actually having the engine on = dead in 30 minutes or less.

Buzzing noise is definately an indicator of a dead battery (happened to me once and scared the cr*p outta me lol)
Let us know if charging/replacing the battery worked! Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts