Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The freezing and thawing cycle has left many roads around here riddled with pot holes. Today I covered about 120 KM on regular street riding. And then I met the mother of all pot holes. It was one of those sneaky ones, and when I hit it, it slammed me into the tank....or more specifically my right ball :eek:.

Had to suck it up at the time since I was in traffic. I went as far as inspecting myself for damage when I got home lol. But yea...grip the tank at all times. Your balls will thank you for it :p

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Lol no mater how hard you grip it hurts like hell hitting a pot hole. Id also cheek the rim on the bike as I have seen them bend from hiting a pot hole to hard.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I checked the rim, no damage. So overall damage free...thankfully :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
I handed my balls to my wife about 26 years ago, so i'm good to go. Just remember to use the other ball when trying to make a kid.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hey old how do you like your roadglide?
Well I loved it, now that i'm on the road to recovery tho, i'll probably just let it go. I'm too weak to safely ride it, dang thing weighs in at about 925lbs, so i've got an add-on trike kit from tow-pac. Now it drives like a volkswagen convertable and i'm not liking it so much. I like to lean into my corners and get in and out of traffic, when I was healthy I could do that with the glide, even tho it is a large bike. The glide rides like a caddy and is great for touring, I bought soft seats for it (wife is happy), handle bar replaced with a 2" back so I could ride in a more upright position (5'10" and have short arms).
With the fixed fairing it is a great bike at high speeds, the wind doesn't affect your steering at all.
I don't think i'll ever get back to the level of strength I was before, so i'm going to sell it and buy the wife a larger bike than her 250 rebel, i'm perfectly happy with the 300 for now, if I get stronger I might even move up a little bit, but i'll keep the 300.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Well I loved it, now that i'm on the road to recovery tho, i'll probably just let it go. I'm too weak to safely ride it, dang thing weighs in at about 925lbs, so i've got an add-on trike kit from tow-pac. Now it drives like a volkswagen convertable and i'm not liking it so much. I like to lean into my corners and get in and out of traffic, when I was healthy I could do that with the glide, even tho it is a large bike. The glide rides like a caddy and is great for touring, I bought soft seats for it (wife is happy), handle bar replaced with a 2" back so I could ride in a more upright position (5'10" and have short arms).
With the fixed fairing it is a great bike at high speeds, the wind doesn't affect your steering at all.
I don't think i'll ever get back to the level of strength I was before, so i'm going to sell it and buy the wife a larger bike than her 250 rebel, i'm perfectly happy with the 300 for now, if I get stronger I might even move up a little bit, but i'll keep the 300.
I have been looking at getting another bike but its a toss up of something like the glide or a hayabusa

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have been looking at getting another bike but its a toss up of something like the glide or a hayabusa
You should take a look at how some of the guys are modding them, just google "baggers" and you will find alot of california style low riders types, some look sharp, some "over done". Big thing now is the "ape" bars and larger front wheels, lowering the back and front, then extending the storage bags to make them larger and smooth out the lowering.
Mine is pretty much stock, just has "training wheels"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts