Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am in the process of getting my big boy bike. The 14 300 Ninja I have was a great learner bike, but I always knew that I would be in the market for a new bike.

More and more I think about what I want to do, and more and more it points me to the dirty C word - cruiser. I like riding for days on long road trips. I want to have 2 large adults on my bike. I want to carry enough stuff and not be worried about it flying off.

I have no idea what I want, but I know what it needs to serve.

·
Registered
554 Posts
:wink2:
So, I am in the process of getting my big boy bike. The 14 300 Ninja I have was a great learner bike, but I always knew that I would be in the market for a new bike.

More and more I think about what I want to do, and more and more it points me to the dirty C word - cruiser. I like riding for days on long road trips. I want to have 2 large adults on my bike. I want to carry enough stuff and not be worried about it flying off.

I have no idea what I want, but I know what it needs to serve.

Well then, I can only assume that your only solution is to do what others and myself have done. That is to have ( 2 ) bikes. One for as you say long road trips and the other for your own personal FUN bike.

I myself have a Yamaha V-Star 950, set up for cruising with two people and able to carry baggage. Also have my 2017 Ninja KRT ABS.

BUT :excl: Personally, I feel that you should forget the " C " word. If you think that riding for days on long road trips with a CRUISER is going to be enjoyable, you are wrong. Take this bit of info, from somebody that knows.

I sincerely think you should be thinking about a " Touring Motorcycle ", namely something along the lines of a Honda Goldwing. I have owned three Honda Goldwing's and that is the bike that I would choose over any cruiser for days of long rides.

One time I even thought about purchasing a BMW LT1200. But a friend that owns a motorcycle dealership said ...... Why buy the BMW, when you already own the best TOURING bike made ? And he was correct.:smile2:

I highly suggest that you look into a touring bike. As in the long term, I am sure that is what you will eventually end up with and you might as well save some $$$$$$$$, by buying exactly what you want and need the first time. :wink2:

The only reason that I do not own a Goldwing and have down sized to the Yamaha, is because my days of long rides have come to an end. But I did want to have a bike that I could spend a few hours on with a passenger and still be able to carry some baggage.

But then I have to admit again .......... only my Ninja has thus been uncovered for this summers riding. :grin2: The hell with the passenger and baggage. I just want to have some PERSONAL fun and enjoyment. :yahoo:

·
Registered
58 Posts
The better c word for what you want is the Concours 1400, great touring bike and fits 2 adults and gear, a Goldwing would be even more comfortable and have more storage space.

Most cruisers are really not that comfortable for long hauls, best would be the touring type like Granpooba said.

I would easily prefer my Ninja 1000 (kinda sport/touring) over my HD sportster cruiser for any kind of long distance riding, but the Ninja 1000 is not really ideal for 2 up riding either, depends on the rider, my wife (over 50 and kinda large) is not going to be comfortable on the back on the Ninja 1000 for any length of time while my daughter (5'4 120 lbs) has no problems sitting back there all day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts