·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Is anybody part of a NY meetup group?

NYC sport bike riders
last minute motorcycle riders
Long Island motorcycle riders
Joined up with NYC Sport Bike Riders, looks like a fun group but haven't rode with them yet. We should set up a 300 ride one of these days, summer is fading away.

·
Registered
399 Posts
A group of 16 from last minute riders are going to motorcycle mall for Yamaha demos on Friday sept 6.

A group of 5 from Christian bikers are going to bear mountain on sunday sept 8.

NYC sport bike riders are the largest, about 750, but I can never coincide with their schedule. They do twisty runs and even offer training.

·
Registered
546 Posts
A group of 16 from last minute riders are going to motorcycle mall for Yamaha demos on Friday sept 6.

A group of 5 from Christian bikers are going to bear mountain on sunday sept 8.

NYC sport bike riders are the largest, about 750, but I can never coincide with their schedule. They do twisty runs and even offer training.
I will do some research o nyc sport bike riders while at work. I am getting pretty bored just riding in the city and around my neighborhood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everybody! I'm a 3 days old rider :) Anyone from Queens, close to Rego Park, who'd like to share the passion?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm a new rider. I got my bike October 2014. I'm in Queens, Woodside/Sunnyside area. Let me know if you wanna meet for a ride or something.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey snoride, long island here. I'll be around to ride, PM and we can meet up somewhere. Generally I stay on the island because BK and NYC are stuffy, but I'm open to ideas

With that being said... Anyone around today/tomorrow?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quick introduce:

Doug
Hudson Valley
2013 300

Know a bunch of great routes starting from Bear Mountain all the way up to Catskills + stuff from Garrison all the way up to Albany. Let me know if you're in the area or looking for a tour guide.

Best -

·
Registered
395 Posts
Quick introduce:

Doug
Hudson Valley
2013 300

Know a bunch of great routes starting from Bear Mountain all the way up to Catskills + stuff from Garrison all the way up to Albany. Let me know if you're in the area or looking for a tour guide.

Best -
If I ever make it off of Long Island I could definitely use a tour guide, I'll hit you up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh man! Makes me wish I have my bike here in NY instead of SJ! But im still new and kind of not ready to take the I95 yet! Lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
October 7th Meetup and Rider - Hudson Valley Tour

Hello All -

Planning on a ride on the 7th of October.

Heres what we're looking at so far:
8:30am: Meet at Rhodes Tavern, Sloatsburg, NY
(http://www.rhodesnorth.com/id31.html)
9:30am: Start off on the Seven Lakes Drive through Bear Mountain State Park (will inevitably be stop-and-go - great scenary - lots of pull off points)
10:00am: Pass through Fahnstock State Park
10:15am: Head up Taconic State Parkway to Route 55
10:45am: Take route 55 through Poughkeepsie, across Hudson River, through New Paltz, and land at the Shawangunk Mountain Overlook.
11:30am: Depart Shawangunk Mountain and head west on 55 - passing the Roundout Reservoir
12:15pm: Get off 55 and head east on Route 17 and twist the wick!
1:00pm: Arrive at intersection of I-84 and Route 17 (Middletown, NY). Can depart ways from here.

Total time: ~4 hours (probably a little longer)
Total Distance: 155 miles of beautiful country (picture is attached below)
(There are tolls involved - if you have an E-Zpass, figure out how to mount it to your windshield. Best "mod" I ever did.)

Anyone who is interested, reply on the thread. I've traveled all of these roads before - beautiful time of year to travel em.

RAIN DELAY DATE will be the 9th.

Looking forward -

Doug
'13 300

PS. Just installed Oxford Heaterz heated sport grips. If you've got an extra $80 laying around - get em. Just beware of stripping your bar end screws. Kawasaki didn't skimp on the Loc-tite.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
If this was planned on a Saturday/Sunday I'd definitely be down. But I just can't do weekdays:frown2:

That looks like some good riding though!
Will try to get a weekend ride before the end of the year!

If anyone has any dates that they're looking to set up a ride on - let me know.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts