Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the route I roughly mapped out in google maps. (note: images may change as I update the routes to reflect suggestions.)

I plan on doing this from a July 23rd(ish) departure until I get to my destination(in north-eastern BC). What I'm looking for from you folks are things to see or roads to take along this journey. Heck if someone wants to meet up and ride alongwith for a few hours that'd be awesome too.

I've already been told the Black Hills deserves a day and plan on giving that a day of fun riding. Lolo Pass and Bear Tooth Pass are another I plan on hitting. Any fantastic restaurants you can recommend? I love good food.

I'm also looking for an awesome or reputable Kawasaki dealer in WA, or Vancouver BC that would be able to do a tire swap. I'm sill on my original tires, and have been told they may wear out around 10,000km. With my current mileage and what I plan to put on for the trip that puts me in the WA area. So good reputable shop recommendations are very welcome.

I have done long road trips before in my car (NS to BC on the TCH), but this is my first on a bike and first time going through the US. So if you have any suggestions for things I should bring along feel free to make them. I've got a list going, but I'm sure to forget something. As for luggage I have a NR 950 saddlebags and a ventura rack that I plan on having a 50L backpack on. So I'm hoping it won't be too much for my ninjette to handle on a cross country journey.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not sure which part of WA you will be at, and I can't really suggest any kawasaki shops here since I haven't got any services done yet. However the place I got my 300 from apparently got pretty decide yelp reviews. People talked about Brent the mechanic there being awesome.

Here is the link to reviews and business.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bellevue-kawasaki-inc-bellevue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks alan. And I suppose I should have specified. I'll likely be in Spokane for a day and then head towards Vancouver, BC from there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was going to say the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. Lots of people like to drive that. But you are starting at the other end of NS

·
Registered
231 Posts
Was going to say the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. Lots of people like to drive that. But you are starting at the other end of NS
He's starting out from Bridgewater but I definitely think he should come down and ride the trail before the summer ends :) Thanksgiving weekend the leaves are usually at their best!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Waiting for the report.
I've been on Beartooth about 10 times. It is stunningly beautiful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Burnaby kawasaki...15-20 minutes from downown Vancouver. Never heard a bad word about them, even in regards to servicing other makes of bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts