A month later
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Soil Recreation

a few months after that
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

than last november at the track
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

and now we're at a dedicated track bike
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

Just got it put together this morning, pretty stoked about this season.

· Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was bad, I thought it was totalled. I lowsided at about 90mph from what I can gather. The runs before I was doing about 80-85 and that next session I was pushing hard.

· Registered
3,936 Posts
It was bad, I thought it was totalled. I lowsided at about 90mph from what I can gather. The runs before I was doing about 80-85 and that next session I was pushing hard.
Hard to tell in the pics with my bad eyes and all. But it looks like the bike had frame sliders on it? That blue round puck on the side with the black piece on it. If so, looks like it did it's job on that slide and saved your frame and engine. If that isn't a slider, then you got really lucky your frame didn't grind away to nothing. :) Glad to see you're still alright and your bike is still going strong.

· Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to tell in the pics with my bad eyes and all. But it looks like the bike had frame sliders on it? That blue round puck on the side with the black piece on it. If so, looks like it did it's job on that slide and saved your frame and engine. If that isn't a slider, then you got really lucky your frame didn't grind away to nothing. :) Glad to see you're still alright and your bike is still going strong.
Defiantly a slider. It should have been fine but the long grass I think threw the bike around a bit.

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Defiantly a slider. It should have been fine but the long grass I think threw the bike around a bit.
On the track as long as 3 things are left in good shape at the end of the crash you're good. The rider, frame, engine. Everything else in one piece is just gravy. Glad to see you're still tracking that bike.

It's a bit hard on that pic to see depth, how far are those sliders sticking out and what brand are they?

· Registered
270 Posts
Those are some heavy damage lowsides. When my bike has gone down its usually just a big of fairing damage, clipon/barend, slider and foot peg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.