Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Community:

Just purchased a 2014 ABS 300 and I’m looking for a new body kit and anything that will help me not look like a circus clown driving it as I’m 6’2” 225 lbs. I appreciate any input provided.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not sure that a body kit would change the size relationship between you and the cycle.

Maybe some kind of bar riser, dropped footpegs, or taller seat would give you more room and require less of a crouched position for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noted don’t want to change any geometry that can put me at a disadvantage.
Any product recs. Also any solid advise on a whole body kit in lieu of what’s being sold on amazon?
Before I had a 06 CB599 hornet and it didn’t need anything. These require small upgrades
Regards

·
Registered
329 Posts
Noted don’t want to change any geometry that can put me at a disadvantage.
Any product recs. Also any solid advise on a whole body kit in lieu of what’s being sold on amazon?
Before I had a 06 CB599 hornet and it didn’t need anything. These require small upgrades
Regards
Not sure what you mean by "disadvantage". Taller bars will allow you to sit straighter up and lower pegs and taller seat will give you more leg room - neither of which I would consider a disadvantage for you at your height.

The thing putting you at the most disadvantage, as far as geometry goes, is your weight. The Ninja's suspension it not set-up properly for a rider of your size, so upgrading the suspension would benefit you. Right now it's riding lower and the suspension is softer than optimum for you.

Can't say I've seen a body kit that would really make a significant difference for you.

You could post a photo of the kit you are considering and maybe someone would have some feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts