Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I plan on buying the Ninja 300 ABS SE.

I was wondering if I could hook up multiple things to the battery?

I want to install a full body Gorilla Alarm System, Afterglow, and a charge port for an iPhone.
I would install speakers to if possible, but I think it would be to much. I can just buy some real nice earbuds for those long rides. :)

I'm going to mount my iPhone in the middle of my steering bar above my key.

My main question is just if its possible to hook up a lot, or will it drain my battery?
Also what mods and such do you have or want??

I plan on installing frame sliders and modding the bike completely also.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
what is afterglow?

the alarm would not by on when the bike is.. So really your looking at a charge port and afterglow, unless the afterglow takes some crazy power you will be fine..

Please dont get external speakers, your community will thank you :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idk why I said after, I ment under glow.

True I didn't think about the gorilla.
Ya that was why I wasnt going to get the speakers, don't want to cause to much attention...

My full list of mods is this:
Take off mirrors, replace with handlebar mirrors.
Install frame sliders.
Paint windshield black.
Install alarm system.
Install under glow, green.
Install mount for iPhone.
Install iPhone charger.
Install Fender Eliminator Kit.

Should I get a new spark plug?
Should I get new levers?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not sure where you live but any underglow is illegal where I am in US.. if they even see it on your car you can get a fine, happened to a buddy of mine, he was not even driving, he was istting in a parking lot, with his green underglow on his truck and the cop said, rip it off right now, or i'll give you a ticket... well the thing was pretty near impossible to rip off by hand the way it was mounted... so he got a ticket... tried to fight it.. and failed...

but anyways. i would def get some new levers, adjustable, and maybe some rearsets.

spark plugs fine though... why would you need to replace that?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yeah it's illegal here too, not sure if it's just illegal while driving or not. But my buddy had red glow INSIDE his car on the floorbed and received a ticket for it while driving with it on.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Not sure where you live but any underglow is illegal where I am in US.. if they even see it on your car you can get a fine, happened to a buddy of mine, he was not even driving, he was istting in a parking lot, with his green underglow on his truck and the cop said, rip it off right now, or i'll give you a ticket... well the thing was pretty near impossible to rip off by hand the way it was mounted... so he got a ticket... tried to fight it.. and failed...
There has to be more to it, they were on private property, not moving.. You cant get a ticket on private property if your not moving..

If this was the case a cop could just go to a car shows and start handing out tickets..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Aww, my first menion of an external sound system for bikes and already getting burned for it cbz?

What about all the Goldwings that are driving around? ;)
You can do as you want with your bike, but in my area no one likes the guys with their motorcycle stereos so loud you can hear it blocks away. But wait it has to be that loud because of the straight pipes that are on their bike..

If you keep it at a reasonable volume I can tolerate it, BUT if you need it louder than your aftermarket exhaust dont bother because you will just piss people off hahahah :D:D:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
There has to be more to it, they were on private property, not moving.. You cant get a ticket on private property if your not moving..

If this was the case a cop could just go to a car shows and start handing out tickets..

Not sure, cops can be pricks when they want to be... all i'm saying. lol be careful with the underglow lol

i know halo's and demon eyes are another topic of debate... =/ cant gave red green or blue near me, yellow is... questionable.. bc it means there is a work vehicle.. but most slide with yellow.. white seems to be ok if its oem.. i've seen people get tickets for aftermarket ones around here, but thats why i'm putting mine on switches lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure, cops can be pricks when they want to be... all i'm saying. lol be careful with the underglow lol

i know halo's and demon eyes are another topic of debate... =/ cant gave red green or blue near me, yellow is... questionable.. bc it means there is a work vehicle.. but most slide with yellow.. white seems to be ok if its oem.. i've seen people get tickets for aftermarket ones around here, but thats why i'm putting mine on switches lol
NY if you are in a parking lot with 4 or more spaces, and it is public access (2 residences, or business) it falls under Vehicle and Traffic Law.

In my area it generally depends on what the residents of a particular area complain about to the local police. Some roads you can't get away with going 1mph over the speed limit, others you won't even get looked at for going 15 over. Seems the same applies to the various other laws, depends on where you are and who you come across.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts

Private property is something not open to the public. So if any one can just walk up to the car show then yes the cop can give you a ticket. so lets say you live on a road that is gated off but others are able to use it. If you are doing something illegal on this property they can give you a ticket for it as its not looked at as full private property. Also a parking lot is not his its the place that owns the parking lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Y'all must some crooked cops!! I do safety vehicle checks and state inspections. The only thing that's a problem is the light in any color flashing, can't see the LED strip its self Ex: my dad had them on his charger in the grill they which is fine but you could see each LED. As far as private property A. A parking lot is CITY/STATE property not the owner of any business. Your home, friends , whatever as long as the person doesn't say anything it's fine. As far after market lights, assembly and such, if they're marked DOT/SAE they're fine...I'm in Texas but I went through the book for another states and its mostly the same, some have it were if it fogged, or early morns, they are okay. But NEVER flash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.