Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

No power to headlight connector

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Itcouldbeworse 
#1 ·
I'm installing a KT Moto led headlight assembly and I'm having issues. I've contacted the company and have determined the issue isn't in their end (relay harness or headlight)

The issue I'm having is when I turn on the bike, no lights come on until I turn in the turn indicator (turning the bright in and off does nothing) as soon as the turn indicator comes on everything works perfectly.

The manufacturer suggested that I might have too low of power at the connector. When I use a test light on either side (hi or low) I get nothing. The fuse is still good according to my test light.

Does any one have suggestions where I might troubleshoot next?

Here is the link of the video, I sent to the manufacturer, showing my issue (the fairings are just bolted up so I could plug the turn indicator in, hence the gap)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj8342ghb2iq3r0/VID_20190408_114703.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Correct. The stock headlights worked fine before I started the install, but once I started testing with the test light I could never get it to light up when I check the headlight connections (either hi/low). When I test the turn signal and the city light the test light shows power (until I stuck the wire from the headlight kit into the city light connector and blew a fuse)

#11 ·
The relay makes an audible beep when plugged in with the ignition in the "on" position. So I imagine the relay is fine.

All fuses (including the main fuse) have been checked and are fine.

When I first started this project, I noticed the turn signals (in the headlight) wouldn't flash unless the side turn signals were plugged in. Which makes sense, since that is completing the circuit to that wire. Is there anything like that for the headlights? The last time they worked was before I disassembled the bike.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.