Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Shefbmx

How did the problem start? Has the bike been not in use for long? Have you done any mod?
Is the fuel fresh and good quality? You can try pouring some fuel system cleaner.
Check the air filter. It should be clean and in good condition?
How old are the spark plugs? Are the spark plugs cables in good condition?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is it trying to start until I hit it with starter fluid.

I rode it a couple miles and it demands to be high in the rpm’s or it will try to stall. Now it’s doing this at idle.

From the last video it looks like an air leak past the throttle bodies... You can spray LIGHTLY some carb cleaner around them (intake boot) and see if the IDLE rpm increase more.

If leak is found and fixed you gotta check the vacuum level according to the service manual.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Automotive design
Motor vehicle Font Screenshot Wheel Document
Font Parallel Rectangle Document Paper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank has new gas and the filters good since I changed it a few months back. The problem started after letting it set in the rain for a month. No mods and I wanted to try everything else before buying socket for spark plug

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tank has new gas and the filters good since I changed it a few months back. The problem started after letting it set in the rain for a month. No mods and I wanted to try everything else before buying socket for spark plug
You may need to completely drain the tank to remove any water that got in, and check/replace the seal on the filler cap.

Or moisture got into an electrical connection.

Try opening the throttle as you are cranking. I'd also add a strong fuel system cleaner like Techron Concentrate (1oz per gal) to fresh fuel, and try to get it to run for a few minutes, before taking things apart. You may need to keep it running by adding throttle if it won't idle initially.

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
My coils also looked rusty when I pulled them out for spark plugs change at 15k miles. I get a good deal of rainy ride here in Florida, so that maybe the cause. However, the spark plugs themselves looked fine and the bike ran fine after 15k mls.

@Shefbmx. The plugs socket is not that expensive and it's a must to have. It may also fit other bikes in the future.
If you're planning to do the maintenance yourself, you'll need decent tools, and if you end up taking the bike to a shop, you'll spend more money anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
money and time is tight rn that’s why I was avoiding it but I’ll be getting it socket. I have the bike running first start but it does this weird thing where if I crack the throttle it stays at a constant rpm then accelerates then it will go constant again. To me it sounds like 1 cylinder firing then 2 to get me accelerating then 1 again. When it sounds quiet it barely has any power then sounds normal and let’s me accelerate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts