Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So this has been happening maybe for a month and 1/2. I have not thought to much of it until today. I notice it happening mainly when I leave my condo by the time I get to my first stop sign 1 out of 3 times the engine will shut off. Then I have to switch to neutral and hit the start button again and it rides fine for the rest of w/e ride im on. Today though I was leaving school and it cut out and I was having hold the starter longer than I feel comfortable. When it happened at a stoplight I figured its now a big enough problem to ask for help. It reminds me of when the choke on my 2 stroke scooter (not moped) was not allowing the engine to get enough oxygen. Any ideas? :rainyday_smilie:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is the engine dying when you pull in the clutch? Mine used to do it before the ecu recall especially if it was sitting out in the sun before I rode it. Raising the idle should help but you may need the ecu recall if its a 2013.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is the engine dying when you pull in the clutch? Mine used to do it before the ecu recall especially if it was sitting out in the sun before I rode it. Raising the idle should help but you may need the ecu recall if its a 2013.
It usually dies right before I pull up to the first stop sign up the hill from my house. The engine commits suicide before I pull the clutch in, it is a 2013 model though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This definitely sounds like the ECU needs to be replaced. The idle speed shouldn't cause this because, as others have stated, the bike controls the idle by itself while warming up and it usually hovers at 2k rpm. I would check the VIN and see if its on the recall list, if not I would move onto other things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.