Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Have been looking at insurance in Aus, cheapest fully comp so far is with insure my ride for 2600, they have the cheapest theft insurance at 280.
This is for a P1 license holder, 21 years of age.
Anyone found anything cheaper? I heard QBE is cheaper but they don't have online quotes just over the phone it seems. NRMA seems to be the most expensive.
I'm currently with insure my ride for $350Aud a year theft, couldn't afford the 2800 fully comp after 3 months lol
Who are you all with? and how much? any recommendations?

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
yep , i can remember when i was 21 and being bent over a barrel for insurance. when i was 21 the best price i could get was thru Swann insurance and even then it was about $1500 for full comprehensive insurance on my honda cbr250rr about 17 years ago.

im 38, and again my insurance for the kwaka will be thru swann. tried a few others and swann is usually the cheapest.

full comprehensive on my 300 SE ABS is about $520 per year and if it gets smashed to bits/stolen it gets replaced

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Insurance companies are such bastards, although it is fair I guess lol >:l

Steve sent me a pm and found 1100 a year fully comp for a new ninja 300 through NRMA. Ill have to change the 250 over to them aswell.
Thank you Steve :D

· Registered
842 Posts
Yep, can't help there! Got a quote online for 1300 from Nrma which is more than my car! Went in to haggle with them and before I could she quoted 265! Scratching my head! I have house and 2 cars insured with them but the big saving in my online quote I put my road experience as less than a year but she said its total road experience including car!!! Pleasent supprise for me!

· Registered
25 Posts
I got insured with AAMI for $874 a year, or 84 a month. I chose the monthly option. And excess is 800 (because of my age and experience). I got a ridiculous quote from insure my ride just like you. So yeah, AAMI is the way to go i think.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
i dont get it, i have been riding road bikes for 17 years, never had a claim and my insurance for full comprehensive thru swann is about $520 per year or $43 per month.

who is your insurance thru Bryce and whats your excess if you claim?

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Y'all are getting slammed. Mine is $29 a month. Full coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I don't think your rate would apply in Australia... If you live there my apologies but I've never heard an Aussie say "y'all"... :p

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
444 Posts
I just got 3 online quotes, age 27, held license since 17, 0-1 yr motorcycle license (learner), no license cancellations or suspensions, 1 at fault past 5 yrs.

AAMI (like a sunrise) - $2953, $550 excess. $7400 agreed plus mods and $1000 for gear.

Insure my ride - $1789, $400 excess. No agreed, $1000 mods and $1000 for gear.

NRMA - $580, $650 excess. $8000 agreed includes aftermarket parts. Cover for protective gear seems to be standard.

NRMA seems to be the go.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I thought they bumped that up to 30, happened when i turned 25. Mofo's.
ah, well there ya go, live and learn. mind you its not really the insurance company fault. its the wannabe's who go and get a R1, have no idea how to ride, just twist the throttle and hold on for grim death, wipe themself out and give the rest of us a bad name/rep/ policy prices.

sadly , i fear it will only get worse over time:(

· Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't think your rate would apply in Australia... If you live there my apologies but I've never heard an Aussie say "y'all"... :p

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Nope I'm from louisiana. Just can't believe the difference in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Nope I'm from louisiana. Just can't believe the difference in price. http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
aaaahhhhh thats why it was cheap. its easy to understand the difference in price. we have about 20 million people here in Australia.quite a lot of them will not be paying insurance cos of their age , etc.

but in the usa theres a few hundred million more people to pay insurance then what we have, so more people to pay, cheaper the prices are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.