Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Ninja DMV Riding & Discussion - DC MD VA

32K views 151 replies 21 participants last post by  howlinhoss 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured it'd be beneficial for us to have a thread for our local area to coordinate rides, discuss upcoming events, and a nice venue to offer help if anyone is need of it locally. I know howlinhoss and skinnyoddboy are local, just checked this thread again http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...946-hey-new-nova-rider-here-3.html#post827761
seems jaymeza is in manassas so local as well

Best to post your name, location, and relative availability

Drew - NoVA (Fairfax) Working from home and taking summer classes I have odd flexibility naturally weekends are more open than week days

Also show off your bike(s) with pics & video!

#2 · (Edited)
Woodbridge and Manassas.

I live in Dale City, work days in Quantico and spend a lot of time in Manassas. Thanks for setting up this local thread.

I'm a former MSF instructor. Taught for 10 years between 1993 and 2003. My two licensed bikes are a 2014 Ninja 300SE/ABS and a 2007 Suzuki GS500F. I ride to work Monday-Friday, don't ride much on Saturday.

On Sunday, it's breakfast at Denny's in Manassas with the Factory Riders club (join us at 8:00 if you wish) and we sometimes go for a ride after that. The club started as a Honda Riders club, so Honda's are most common. Our rides usually work out to 150 miles or so of mostly back roads. If I'm leading and you object to unpaved roads, you must state that before departure. Otherwise, based on the participants, there usually is a short stretch that isn't paved.

This was one of last year's rides. Two 'wings, a VFR800 and my Ninja 250. One 'wing and the VFR two up, the other 'wing and I solo. We did about 5 miles of unpaved road on that ride.

Is anyone interested in a parking lot session (not formal instruction) on Sunday May 18?

A picture of my Ninja 300.

Leon.

#5 ·
I live in Dale City, work days in Quantico and spend a lot of time in Manassas. Thanks for setting up this local thread.

I'm a former MSF instructor. Taught for 10 years between 1993 and 2003. My two licensed bikes are a 2014 Ninja 300SE/ABS and a 2007 Suzuki GS500F. I ride to work Monday-Friday, don't ride much on Saturday.

On Sunday, it's breakfast at Denny's in Manassas with the Factory Riders club (join us at 8:00 if you wish) and we sometimes go for a ride after that. The club started as a Honda Riders club, so Honda's are most common. Our rides usually work out to 150 miles or so of mostly back roads. If I'm leading and you object to unpaved roads, you must state that before departure. Otherwise, based on the participants, there usually is a short stretch that isn't paved.

This was one of last year's rides. Two 'wings, a VFR800 and my Ninja 250. One 'wing and the VFR two up, the other 'wing and I solo. We did about 5 miles of unpaved road on that ride.

Is anyone interested in a parking lot session (not formal instruction) on Sunday May 18?

A picture of my Ninja 300.

Leon.

I have taken the MSF course but a free informal parking lot session from a former MSF instructor.... Count me in! We should get some of the newer 300 riders to come to this.

#3 ·
Hey All!

Howlinhoss (Jose) here. I am from Silver Spring, Maryland and I work in Alexandria. Weekdays usually do not work well for me since I get back from work between 6-6:30pm. Weekends are my preferred riding days. I do alot of riding starting in Gaithersburg, MD then I take 28 up towards Point of Rocks, then I usually head towards Leesburg or Middletown Maryland. The riding in these areas are great and I would like to show you all this route. Also I would like to try some of the routes you all have in NOVA. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Lets plan a meet up!

#6 ·
My name is Nick. I live in Leesburg and work at a body shop next to Dulles airport. I usually head west for general cruising. Got "lost" last weekend in the Winchester area and found some amazing roads.

Still have yet to hit Skyline drive or anything out that far though.

I work monday-friday but my weekends are usually free (unless the wife has made plans)

This shot was taken 2 days ago at Idalee park in Leesburg for the Motorcycle Picture Thread here

#16 ·
Hey guys , im from the DMV area , i live in manassas and work in vienna /merrifield area . Fortunately /Unfortunately i drive to work in a company car so i wont be riding to work on the ninja :( During the week my schedule varies , some days its extreme hours from 6am up 7pm maybe even later ! Weekends are pretty chill , mostly sundays , saturday maybe work till 12 . Ahh . . well nice to see theres alotta friendly riders around the area ! :eek:k:

Here is my baby with all my mods.

:jawdropsmilie: ^^ That thing is a beauty man !!!!! lol

#18 ·
Nope. If you buy a bike for someone else to ride, you're still allowed to register it in your own name.

Is a wealthy person with a chauffeur not permitted to own the car that his employee drives?

It's probably best not to show up riding the bike to the DMV.

Leon.

#27 ·
More than likely.

Im 6'3" 250lbs, have bad hips and a bad knee ( you'd think i was 60 but im only 32).

I have tried bar risers (helped some and still have them on), and adjustable rear sets ( made it way worse so I sold em).

Long torso makes it so the stock windscreen deflects the air right under my helmet so its super loud and feels like the helmet is trying to come off my head. Double bubble moved the air flow a bit higher but then it presses right on my shield so my neck is constantly stressed. I am now running no windscreen and so far its much better

The 300 is just to small for me, not power wise but literal size wise, so anything over an hour or so I cant do. Its very hard for me to stay folded up that much for long periods.

#28 ·
Sunday Parkung lot practice.

Since no one has stated a definite start for a ride this weekend. I'll invite everyone first. Several of the guys (well two anyway) have asked to do a day of MSF style drills in a parking lot. So here goes.

Sunday May 18 from 9:30 to 1:30 in the parking lot of Osborne Park High School on Liberia Avenue in Manassas VA. I will have a big figure 8 (or oval if there are beginners) a braking exercise, some off set weaves, a couple of 4 ft corners and a set of tight circles. If the parking lot is already taken for a scheduled event, go to the bottom of Conner Drive and read the flyer on the front door of Artisan Autobody. I'll post there if we have to move.

I'm bringing my Ninja 300 and Suzuki GS500. Billy has a CBR600, Kevin has a VFR750. There will probably be a few others. It would be nice if we get a few other riders.

thanks.

#38 ·
Since no one has stated a definite start for a ride this weekend. I'll invite everyone first. Several of the guys (well two anyway) have asked to do a day of MSF style drills in a parking lot. So here goes.

Sunday May 18 from 9:30 to 1:30 in the parking lot of Osborne Park High School on Liberia Avenue in Manassas VA. I will have a big figure 8 (or oval if there are beginners) a braking exercise, some off set weaves, a couple of 4 ft corners and a set of tight circles. If the parking lot is already taken for a scheduled event, go to the bottom of Conner Drive and read the flyer on the front door of Artisan Autobody. I'll post there if we have to move.

I'm bringing my Ninja 300 and Suzuki GS500. Billy has a CBR600, Kevin has a VFR750. There will probably be a few others. It would be nice if we get a few other riders.

thanks.
See you all there tomorrow. I just looked at the highschool on Google maps. That is a sweet course.

#35 ·
Man, wish I was still in Manassas. This is like 5 min from the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.