Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured it'd be beneficial for us to have a thread for our local area to coordinate rides, discuss upcoming events, and a nice venue to offer help if anyone is need of it locally. I know howlinhoss and skinnyoddboy are local, just checked this thread again http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...946-hey-new-nova-rider-here-3.html#post827761
seems jaymeza is in manassas so local as well

Best to post your name, location, and relative availability

Drew - NoVA (Fairfax) Working from home and taking summer classes I have odd flexibility naturally weekends are more open than week days

Also show off your bike(s) with pics & video!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Woodbridge and Manassas.

I live in Dale City, work days in Quantico and spend a lot of time in Manassas. Thanks for setting up this local thread.

I'm a former MSF instructor. Taught for 10 years between 1993 and 2003. My two licensed bikes are a 2014 Ninja 300SE/ABS and a 2007 Suzuki GS500F. I ride to work Monday-Friday, don't ride much on Saturday.

On Sunday, it's breakfast at Denny's in Manassas with the Factory Riders club (join us at 8:00 if you wish) and we sometimes go for a ride after that. The club started as a Honda Riders club, so Honda's are most common. Our rides usually work out to 150 miles or so of mostly back roads. If I'm leading and you object to unpaved roads, you must state that before departure. Otherwise, based on the participants, there usually is a short stretch that isn't paved.

This was one of last year's rides. Two 'wings, a VFR800 and my Ninja 250. One 'wing and the VFR two up, the other 'wing and I solo. We did about 5 miles of unpaved road on that ride.

Is anyone interested in a parking lot session (not formal instruction) on Sunday May 18?

A picture of my Ninja 300.

Leon.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey All!

Howlinhoss (Jose) here. I am from Silver Spring, Maryland and I work in Alexandria. Weekdays usually do not work well for me since I get back from work between 6-6:30pm. Weekends are my preferred riding days. I do alot of riding starting in Gaithersburg, MD then I take 28 up towards Point of Rocks, then I usually head towards Leesburg or Middletown Maryland. The riding in these areas are great and I would like to show you all this route. Also I would like to try some of the routes you all have in NOVA. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Lets plan a meet up!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I live in Dale City, work days in Quantico and spend a lot of time in Manassas. Thanks for setting up this local thread.

I'm a former MSF instructor. Taught for 10 years between 1993 and 2003. My two licensed bikes are a 2014 Ninja 300SE/ABS and a 2007 Suzuki GS500F. I ride to work Monday-Friday, don't ride much on Saturday.

On Sunday, it's breakfast at Denny's in Manassas with the Factory Riders club (join us at 8:00 if you wish) and we sometimes go for a ride after that. The club started as a Honda Riders club, so Honda's are most common. Our rides usually work out to 150 miles or so of mostly back roads. If I'm leading and you object to unpaved roads, you must state that before departure. Otherwise, based on the participants, there usually is a short stretch that isn't paved.

This was one of last year's rides. Two 'wings, a VFR800 and my Ninja 250. One 'wing and the VFR two up, the other 'wing and I solo. We did about 5 miles of unpaved road on that ride.

Is anyone interested in a parking lot session (not formal instruction) on Sunday May 18?

A picture of my Ninja 300.

Leon.

I have taken the MSF course but a free informal parking lot session from a former MSF instructor.... Count me in! We should get some of the newer 300 riders to come to this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My name is Nick. I live in Leesburg and work at a body shop next to Dulles airport. I usually head west for general cruising. Got "lost" last weekend in the Winchester area and found some amazing roads.

Still have yet to hit Skyline drive or anything out that far though.

I work monday-friday but my weekends are usually free (unless the wife has made plans)

This shot was taken 2 days ago at Idalee park in Leesburg for the Motorcycle Picture Thread here

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
My name is Nick. I live in Leesburg and work at a body shop next to Dulles airport. I usually head west for general cruising. Got "lost" last weekend in the Winchester area and found some amazing roads.

I work monday-friday but my weekends are usually free (unless the wife has made plans)

This shot was taken 2 days ago at Idalee park in Leesburg for the Motorcycle Picture Thread here
Skyline is a great ride. Do not speed though as there are lots of car, tourists, and park police. They will hit you with a big fine. It is a great cruise from start to finish with spectacular views.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Skyline is a great ride. Do not speed though as there are lots of car, tourists, and park police. They will hit you with a big fine. It is a great cruise from start to finish with spectacular views.

Ive been down in quite a few times in the car so Ive seen how many cops are out there.

I havnt done it on the bike yet just due to not having anyone to go with me. My wife refuses to ride with me. Her reason is " If you think im putting my big ass way up there on that tiny little piece of vinyl you call a seat, you're crazy"

And just in case she ever comes across this post, I quite like her ass and dont think its big :tongue:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Ive been down in quite a few times in the car so Ive seen how many cops are out there.

I havnt done it on the bike yet just due to not having anyone to go with me. My wife refuses to ride with me. Her reason is " If you think im putting my big ass way up there on that tiny little piece of vinyl you call a seat, you're crazy"

And just in case she ever comes across this post, I quite like her ass and dont think its big :tongue:
I will go! Weekends are reserved for riding and begging my girlfriend for forgiveness. Cmon people let's ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I live in Winchester and work in Loudoun County. I'm off every other weekend. We should link up for a ride. I am a new rider and so far have only 70 miles on my ninja 300

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Here is our list of local riders so far.

Howlinhoss
Sonic
Skinnyoddboy
Drew
Leon
Ozion
Flammableliquid
Spinznice
Jaymeza

It will be fun to meet you all and check out your bikes/mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMy wife refuses to ride with me. Her reason is " If you think im putting my big ass way up there on that tiny little piece of vinyl you call a seat, you're crazy"

I recommend a different bike for you. You need to find out what piece of vinyl she does find appropriate a buy it for her.

In my experience, wives generally allow us a bike, but those lucky guys who can get their wife to ride with them get better toys and a better relationship.

I heard mention of a ride Sunday, but didn't hear of a starting point. If the starting point is at 10:00 or so, I'll be there. If it is at 9:00 I'll be at the Denny's on Sudley Rd in Manassas.

Leon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys , im from the DMV area , i live in manassas and work in vienna /merrifield area . Fortunately /Unfortunately i drive to work in a company car so i wont be riding to work on the ninja :( During the week my schedule varies , some days its extreme hours from 6am up 7pm maybe even later ! Weekends are pretty chill , mostly sundays , saturday maybe work till 12 . Ahh . . well nice to see theres alotta friendly riders around the area ! :eek:k:

Here is my baby with all my mods.

:jawdropsmilie: ^^ That thing is a beauty man !!!!! lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know if i have to hold a M -Class license to be able to register/tag the bike ?
Nope. If you buy a bike for someone else to ride, you're still allowed to register it in your own name.

Is a wealthy person with a chauffeur not permitted to own the car that his employee drives?

It's probably best not to show up riding the bike to the DMV.

Leon.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey all just wanted to see what everyone's schedules look like this Sunday. Is anyone down to meet up and ride? I think the majority of our riders are in Nova so I would be down to meet up in VA.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey all just wanted to see what everyone's schedules look like this Sunday. Is anyone down to meet up and ride? I think the majority of our riders are in Nova so I would be down to meet up in VA.
x2 lets get our first meet up going this sunday if possible!

1 - 20 of 152 Posts