Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List up your cleaning gear!

I prefer to use the marine detailing products because they're just so much better and last much longer than the products you buy from auto stores.

Only use cotton rags for application and micro fibers for buffing.

Paint - Colinite, Fleetwax
Plastic - Awlgrip, Awlcare
Stainless - Flitz Polish
Chrome - Nevr-Dull
Vinyl and Leather - Colinite, Vinyl and Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
Engine - WD-40 (classic, but actually cleans if you leave it on for a while and its great for the parts)
Trims, Wheels and Other Details - Armorall

You can get all of these from local marine stores in the US.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Paint - Optimum Opti-Coat (google it - you will be blown away)
Plastic - Ultima Trim Guard or Opti-Coat to Seal
Stainless - Optimum Metal Polish and Opti-Coat to Seal
Chrome - Optimum Metal Polish and Opti-Coat to Seal
Vinyl and Leather - 303 AeroSpace UV for Vinyl and Optimum Leather Protectant for leather
Engine - Citrus Degreaser
Wheels - Griots Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner

Got my 600rr opti-coated. Stays clean much longer and after a year it shows no sign of stopping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yeah it dose sound a little crazy when you read about it. However I'm in the detailing industry so it comes naturally and the products are free!
Opit-Coat I'm guessing is a nanocoating technology? I'll goggle it now. Love that stuff.
Yeah I forgot the mention the good old fashioned soap in a bucket technique, Cant beat a good wash and rinse.

·
Registered
865 Posts
dan srsly! lol I dont have the time for that kind of detailing! haha Wish I did though... I just hose her off when she gets dirty and let her dry, maybe wipe her down if anything is stuck on

·
Registered
594 Posts
The only bike I wash with a hose is my Goldwing. And that's because I ride it in the rain all of the time.

My other bikes just get a squit with a water spray bottle to get the bugs off.
I ride over 20,000 miles each year. No time to detail.
I have never waxed any of my bikes...EVER.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Revival of a dead thread! :D

Car Wash - Zaino Z7 Car Wash (for when the bikes super dirty)
Quick Clean - Zaino Z6
Paint & Untextured Plastic - Zaino Z2 polish
Textured Plastic - Zaino Clear Seal.

For getting in all the little nooks & crannies on a motorcycle:
Gariots Garage detailing stick system with microfiber cloths

(http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/detailing+stick+system.do)

Why Zaino? Well honestly I bought the entire system over 8 years ago for my car, followed the instructions and once completed the paint surface felt like glass, and it stayed that way for over 6 Months. I took it to a car wash one day to get pollen off and some guy tried to write on my window with one of those car dealer markers and not even that would stick to the surface. So I've been a loyal buyer since.

I've actually just restocked my supply and will be detailing the Ninja with it this weekend. I enjoy the fact that for the most part I only have to do the detailing once at the start of the riding season, once at the end and the rest of the time I just spot clean.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
BP Truck wash - 5 litre container, a bucket, sponge, hose

wash bike with hose to loosen up dirt & crap

put a cap full of BP truck was in bucket & fill

use sponge to wash bike

hose bike

walk away & relax

no need to chamois or anything else as it is streak free, been using it for over 20 years, best thing since sliced bread

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
car wash liquid (any brand)
hose
many microfiber towels
mothers solid wax
0 tds water in a spray bottle (touch ups, bug removal, streak free :))
grunge brush for the chain

don't really need much else..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another forum member put me onto Mr Sheen. Been using it ever since. Safe on everything.. super shiney and lays down a thing Layer of wax to protect surface. Just don't put it on seat.... slippery!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Spray Nine to clean the white wheels, and purple slice spray detailer for the rest.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
BP Truck wash - 5 litre container, a bucket, sponge, hose

wash bike with hose to loosen up dirt & crap

put a cap full of BP truck was in bucket & fill

use sponge to wash bike

hose bike

walk away & relax

no need to chamois or anything else as it is streak free, been using it for over 20 years, best thing since sliced bread
Were can you buy this was in cali?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Holy resurrection, Batman!

Paint - Keep it simple (ish). While it's still new, hit itwith Blackfire Total Polish and Seal and ice it off with 2 coats of Blackfire Crystal Seal (polymer). Or Wolfgang Opti Seal.

Wash - Blackfire rinse-less wash for a quick dip or Wolfgang Auto Bath for a full wash (seldom). + Mother's Foaming Tire and Wheel Cleaner/ Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner, whatever is on hand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Resurrection acknowledged.

Because I live in an apartment....

Everything -- Ultima Rinseless/No-Rinse Wash.
Paint -- Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, Klasse All-in-One polish, Collinite 476 wax.
Plastic/ Rubber/ Metal -- 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Seats/ Leather -- Leatherique Rejuvenator, Leatherique Pristine Cleaner, Chelsea Leather Food, 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Chain -- Maxima Chain Cleaner, Maxima Chain Wax, Dupont Multi-Use Lubricant (or Chain-Saver).
Tires -- nothing, maybe 303 Aerospace on the side only; just rub-down, no-spraying...

All products are also used on the car and garage chain.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What do you guys think about those spray-on "waxes" made by mothers/meguiars? I know the spray on caranauba waxes are never as good as the real thing, but the meg's spray-on wax I got appears to have polymers in it like the sealants listed above. Will this stuff give me some uv protection for my fairings/tank or is it only useful to use between real waxes/sealants?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts