Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ninja400Riders.com - The Largest Kawasaki Ninja 400 Enthusiast Forum, Community And Owner's Club

Havent purchased a 300as of yet, more than likely after i do M1 exit ....but have noticed a few Ninja 400's for sale. These are used bikes and slightly cheaper than a new 300.
Anyone have any experience with this bike?? I know they are pretty much identical to the 650r, as far as weight is concerned. Less horse power with the same weight. ( 2 kilos lighter) . Sounds like a dog compared to the 300.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If the maths are correct using the Google: the Ninja 400 has 10 more ft/lbs of torque and hp/weight ratio is like .01 hp/pound more.

So it'll be more oomph than the 300 off the line (torque does that) but doesn't have the sweet sweet clutch, ABS or chuck-ability. It's 68.5 pounds heavier than a Ninja 300 too.

Now personal opinion time: I'm not keen on wrenching around that much weight with out a big power advantage. Suspension and Exhaust sexyness aside, I think it's kinda blah like last model year's 650. It otherwise looks a lot like a CBR500 I think. Tho it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than either since it's a discontinued model now, that would weigh heavily on a priority list. Personally I got the 300 because I wanted a lighter bike, and if you're learning then lighter the better IMO.

So really, it comes down to what you think your priorities are assuming you've put some actual thought into it and not "What will make me more sexy to da ladies".

This post was going to be a whole lot bigger but I think I might do up a "Toaster Chicken's decision making process for buying a bike" dedicated post later regarding priorities etc and how I ended up with the Ninja 300 rather than the likes of the CBR500RA or other. I was looking at a lot of things last summer and the Ninja 400 was on the list. Lack of ABS and cost difference between the 300 with ABS is what dropped it. The Ninja 300 with out ABS MSRP is $2500 cheaper than a new on the floor 2012 Ninja 400 asking price. Granted there's probably some wiggle room on bargaining but screw that.

·
Banned
196 Posts
I would say at least sit on both and see which one fits better. It may be that the 400 fits better if your a big guy. I like the size of the 300 but Im only 5'6" and even I think sometimes the handlebars are a bit close. Either bike should be good. See which fits you and your wallet better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts