Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im curious to know how well does the Ninja 300R do on a track? Is it easy to corner? The seating position is almost upright, does that make it difficult?.

Thanks all!

Roxas

P.S I dont own a 300R but Im going to get one soon :D < Kawa-Green Smile

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
It'll be a fun track bike that'll be great for learning cornering technique.

That's why she's in my garage.

Reactions: roxas_ds

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yes, 5' 10" is fine: there are several riders on this forum who are taller and ride without any modifications
Some who are past the 6 foot mark have gotten adjustable rearsets to give them more leg room

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I'm 5'5 and had it lowered just alil. But I think it should be good to track as the 250 is very popular to track.
I am also 5'5" and I have short ass legs, but I raised mine up. There is absolutely no reason to need to flat foot a motorcycle. Now raise it back up and quit messing with the geometry and handling of your bike.

Thank you.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
a higher quality suspension paired with a bit of lowering will out perform your stock bike peanut. a bike like this could have better geometry and handling if it was being sold as a race bike to racers instead of a beginner bike that is meant to be forgiving, not to have the worlds best handling around a track.

granted I'm not saying thats what mario lowered his for nor that he replaced his suspension but lowering it doesn't = killing it

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lol. Well I was looking for a better lower supension, but haven't found something yet I'm sold on. But once I got full tracking, I will change the suspension. But meanwhile just drinking on the streets from work to my house. I lowered it about 1-1/2" to be able to put both my feet down to rest them as theirs alot of stops on the rout to work. Especially because I'm really scared of dropping my bike and I want to have full control incase of an emergency.

I'm not going to race or be all pro but I wanted comfort for now. But I did hear it that by lowering it, it would affect it just a little but nothing major if I'm on the street is what they told me unless I'm traveling on corners at high speed.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
a higher quality suspension paired with a bit of lowering will out perform your stock bike peanut. a bike like this could have better geometry and handling if it was being sold as a race bike to racers instead of a beginner bike that is meant to be forgiving, not to have the worlds best handling around a track.

granted I'm not saying thats what mario lowered his for nor that he replaced his suspension but lowering it doesn't = killing it
Two things; First, you are welcome to meet me at the track and out perform my "stock" bike any time you wish. Second, this thread is about the 300 on a track, not beginners at Daytona Squid week begging forgiveness for their lack of bike control.:cool:

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
lol wow. you took that personally quickly. not going to bother arguing with you if you can't understand how this bike is made to do things like cross railroad tracks, be comfortable on the street, etc. if you think stock spring rates and dampening on the stock shock is the best there is at the stock ride hight, you have some reading to do on suspension and I can't help you till then.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Naw, I didn't take it personally at all. If the title of this thread was "How does a stock bike handle on the street" I may not have even read it. Since the title happens to "Ninja 300R on a Track" I have an opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.