Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im a new rider looking to buy the ninja 300. I'm 6'2 145lbs.
Only problem is i live in Canada and cannot buy the Pearl stardust white Ninja.
I was thinking about buying the black Ninja and buying a full white fairing set...
Do you guys think this is a good idea or bad?
Link to fairings i found:
http://www.nicecycle.com/Ninja-250R-Fairings-p/3028.htm

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I dunno for 869 bucks extra you could just buy the Moondust SE, get a much nicer colour than the white and ABS as a bonus...........all for less than the price of the fairings......

But if you really really want a white one, go for it. Be aware that they are aftermarket fairings though, not genuine.

If your looking to offload all your black fairings.................dibs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i like the moondust aswell. although i find the pearl white is a color you can mix colors in well (i.e Red) haha i would try to sell the fairings or keep them as back-up ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or you could just paint the fairings, or plasti dip them white so you can take if off if you want.
Yes thats true. i have no experiernce with either of those.. Could u get the same sparkle the pearl stardust white Ninja has? I might not get my Bike till early next year. SO maybe new color schemes will come out! :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes thats true. i have no experiernce with either of those.. Could u get the same sparkle the pearl stardust white Ninja has? I might not get my Bike till early next year. SO maybe new color schemes will come out! :D
you wouldn't be able to get the same stardust pearl white with plasti dip. if anything plasti dip will give you a matte white color, unless you spray in the glossifier with it.

but yea.. $870 for just fairrings.. damn.. a bit pricey..

you could do so much more with that money in such as full exhaust + tuner upgrade but then again it's your money~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$870 for just fairrings.. damn.. a bit pricey..
Ya you're right. I think im going to wait and see the 2014 models. I'm in no rush even though i want one bad! I was thinking maybe shipping the white 300 from USA, but its in mph..:(

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
You can change the speedo from mph to kmh. The directions are in the owners manual.

what!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Dont tell me you read the manual:eek:

Dont do that!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Chinese fairing kits are pretty good (buy the good ones), and you can get everything for about $500. I did that with my GSX-R 750 and they looked great. I have a vlog about the process too, linked in my sig.

But, you would have to paint the tank too. You can get color-matched paint from a variety of sources or just have a painter match it. If you're going to do that though, you may as well go with a custom color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts