Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have read some posts in the past about the 300 vs. 500r and they were couple months ago last year. Only difference I see in them is the lil more hp and more acceleration and about $1k. I am still leaning towards the 300 but my friend told me to get the 500r. So since you guys have the 300 now, would you have chosen the 500r instead?

I just don't want to regret getting one then get upset about not getting the other.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol no not really. I dont like the front design of the cbr500r. but performance wise, the cbr500r is better. visually, the ninja 300 is better. Looks like ill have to wait till april before getting my first bike.

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
My buddy got a cbr250 repsol just for the paint job.

The look of disappointment the first day he rode it broke my heart.

Don't go for just looks, go for what engine suits you.

But Honda sucks.

· Registered
214 Posts
How do you fully judge a bike on the 1st day. Engines, Tires, everything breaks in. As a rider of a CBR250R who use to own a SV650, ZRX1200 and ZX9 I enjoy my bike. Its all about the handling and its a great handling bike period especially with new Diablo Ross II on. Its only on the freeway I miss the extra power. On the crowded city streets of Seattle the little thumper does just fine and torque hits very early. Tell you friend to break in the motor and hug a few curves.

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
That's the only thing I really want to add to this bike is straightaway speed. It would be nice to be able to just go from 70 to 150 in no time, but oh well. This keeps my chances down on getting pulled over and having my bike impounded.

· Banned
1,132 Posts
Hi,
I have read some posts in the past about the 300 vs. 500r and they were couple months ago last year. Only difference I see in them is the lil more hp and more acceleration and about $1k. I am still leaning towards the 300 but my friend told me to get the 500r. So since you guys have the 300 now, would you have chosen the 500r instead?

I just don't want to regret getting one then get upset about not getting the other.
I have 3 600rr and love the older 600-1000rr But I will never get a 250-500. The ninja has making a small bike down. Riding the new 300 is as much fun as my 600 is

· Registered
562 Posts
My buddy got a cbr250 repsol just for the paint job.

The look of disappointment the first day he rode it broke my heart.

But Honda sucks.
I still want that Repsol CBR250R. My daily ride is less than five miles with an average speed of about 25mph, so I could deal with the lack of top-end. :D

· Registered
367 Posts
I saw and sat on both the ninja 300 and cbr 500 at the IMS in Michigan last weekend. Personally to me the ninja just looks soooo much better. I felt they both felt relatively the same, but I'd prob still give the edge to the ninja again.

That being said, I'm no Kawasaki fanboy, I've always wanted a cbr 600rr and hope to get one some day :D but as far as the ninja 300 and cbr 500 go, I'd pick the ninja everytime.

· Registered
214 Posts
The CBR500 feels like a Suzuki Bandit 600 1200 to me or a smaller ZRX1200. Not full sport not full tour. I just know its too heavy for my tastes. I doubt it will be faster than a Ninja 300 and handles worse. I think Honda missed the boat and should have had a CBR350 or CBR400 and make it a single and it would be one hell of a good street bike.
And you can throw a new CBR600RR my way any day of week and I will test it out for you.

· Registered
304 Posts
if you are going to get a 500cc bike you might as well through the extra cash to get a 600. Honda really messed up the design, looks really Asian to me. The new 600 repsol look niiiiice but not the front design. I got the 300 because it was light and fast enough for highways... And when I'm in the need for speed I take the 600 out lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
562 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Do you really want a HONDA???????????

But Honda sucks.
Not sure what all the Honda hate is about, but personally the 600rr is a comfy quality bike and I plan to get my own. Of course when you get the econo model 250s, it will be lacking. The upper range of bikes are quite nice as well

But on the 500 it really doesnt look good, cant say anything else about it obviously.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.