Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

I am new to bikes

and just wanted to ask the owners of the 300 here

i have read in some reviews that once you're at highway cruising speeds on the 300 like 65-75mph
you can feel the bike vibrating because of the high rpm of the engine
i wanted if this is correct
and at what speeds or rpm range do the vibrations occur
and how does the vibration impact the comfort
and do the pegs and handle bars vibrate ?

Thanks a lot

p.s. Thinking of buying a 300 but the dealers here don't allow a test ride

·
Registered
109 Posts
The vibration damping is awesome compared to the Ninja 250. I can attest to that since I own/owned both bikes. With the 250 after riding on the freeway I'd get off the bike and I'd be tingling from head to toe especially in my hands, and the vibration even had an effect on my cellphone. It was terrible.

Wtih the 300 there is none whatsoever. I don't tingle from head to toe and my hands are normal after a long ride on the freeway, so yeah they fixed that problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all

I am new to bikes

and just wanted to ask the owners of the 300 here

i have read in some reviews that once you're at highway cruising speeds on the 300 like 65-75mph
you can feel the bike vibrating because of the high rpm of the engine
i wanted if this is correct
and at what speeds or rpm range do the vibrations occur
and how does the vibration impact the comfort
and do the pegs and handle bars vibrate ?

Thanks a lot

p.s. Thinking of buying a 300 but the dealers here don't allow a test ride
Do you have your endorsement? Are these bikes new? My advice would be to find a dealer with a used one. A used one they should let you ride.

I have an 08 ninja 250 and I've never experienced vibration. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. With all the leg humping that comes to ladies with bikes I wouldn't worry about it at all. Guys will be more than happy to trouble shoot anything you should run in to.

Don't buy new. Buy used. If anything goes wrong see paragraph above. Just my .02. I'm still looking for a 300 myself. I just want black or white. I've actually considered new because I see ads for new ones on CL for less than 4k.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There is definitely a vibration. It is relative though because: Some people don't mind it. Some people think it's nothing compare to something else that vibrates more. Some people don't ride the bike in those rpm at a prolong periods of time to get annoyed from it. Etc etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
It vibes a little bit, but nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of the vibe complaints you get are from people that aren't very experienced with motorcycles or even atvs. It kinda seems like total noobs bitch about vibrations more than dirt bike, atv, motorcycle people... A friend of mine also has a 300 and he contantly complains about how the vibrations make his wrists and arms hurt; the only problem is, if you see how he rides the bike it's actually his poor posture and lack of using his core to hold himself up instead of leaning on the bars that actually cause him pain...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe it's because I also ride a Duc Monster, which has a hard, hard vibration due to the V-twin motor, but the Ninja 300 feels very smooth when I hop on it.
If that's not the truth I dunno what is. Hop on a big twin, and 300 will be smooth as silk.

It's all perspective. 4 cylinders get buzzy, less cylinders and bigger cylinders goes from buzzy to vibrations to shake. Jump on a BMW with a big 2 cylinder boxer engine and it is almost a massage. Of course that is my perspective, and those may vary :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've noticed more of a vibration since removing my rear pegs and use an r&g exhaust hanger. A very fine buzzy vibration like a tingling up near about 80kph.
The stock set up utilises quite thick rubber mounts from peg to exhaust, but the hanger has none.
What would people suggest as a vibration dampener between the exhaust bracket and the exhaust hanger?
I've looked around for heatproof rubber washers but not sure if this would even be suitable or effective.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My other bike is a V-Star 1100. A moderately sized V-twin cruiser and I swear the "V" in V-Star is for vibrate. I swear you can make a martini riding that bike and the mirrors are practically useless at nearly any speed and RPMs. But the weird thing is, it's never bothered me any. When a bike vibrates and shakes around a lot, it will point out flaws in your riding technique you didn't know you have. People who tend to have vibration issues also tend to have poor posture and much too strong of a grip on the grips. A relatively light grip on the bars and it could be a paint shaker and it wont be much of an issue. Foot controls aren't bad stock as there are some rubber bits and springs in place that'll take a lot of the tingle out of the vibrations. That's the only part of vibrations on my cruiser that I'm not as good about is the vibrations in the floor boards. Can make the feet tingle a bit but on longer rides I made sure to stretch and move the feet around a bit so I guess it helped remind me to keep moving a bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.