Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's the only place it really matters.

Doing those types of numbers on the street is rookie - and asking for trouble.

I used to do that sort of thing when I was young, and before I started racing (no trackdays back then). After spending time on the track you have much less interest in doing any high speed runs on the street.

True im 24 and its my first bike so you know whenn they try to make you look slow you gotta show them how it is

·
Registered
457 Posts
True im 24 and its my first bike so you know whenn they try to make you look slow you gotta show them how it is
You have to ignore the rookies. Any responsible experienced rider isn't going to challenge you.

Especially as a new rider, you need to know your limits and respect the consequences of overstepping. They are significant.

For most experienced rider, the Ninja 300 is slow - so don't sweat it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You have to ignore the rookies. Any responsible experienced rider isn't going to challenge you.

Especially as a new rider, you need to know your limits and respect the consequences of overstepping. They are significant.

For most experienced rider, the Ninja 300 is slow - so don't sweat it.
I agree with some of what you wrote, but there is no such thing as a slow BIKE. The rider may be slow but not the BIKE.🤣🤣🤣 I have seen riders on “little bikes” pass bigger bikes at the track like they were standing still. I have passed a few liter bikes on the track with my 300.
Thats what makes these “little bikes” so much fun, the skill required to set up a pass on a bigger bike and execute it!!!
The street is not the place to test your limits, it could end badly quickly.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I only occasionally ride on the freeway; it's mostly just country roads. Don't do track.
I think I've hit 85 mph once. 😉

·
Registered
404 Posts
I agree with some of what you wrote, but there is no such thing as a slow BIKE. The rider may be slow but not the BIKE.🤣🤣🤣 I have seen riders on “little bikes” pass bigger bikes at the track like they were standing still. I have passed a few liter bikes on the track with my 300.
This is exactly why any time anyone tries to tell me they 'outgrew' their bike, all I hear is "Instead of developing my skills, I'd rather buy a more powerful machine so I can make up for my sloppy riding with extra power" especially if they only ride on the street and don't race.
A truly skilled rider on a 300 can spank even a moderately skilled rider on a litre+ in nearly all cases (drag strips or courses with lots of straights excepted).

Side note: wanting a bigger bike because you want a bigger bike is fine, but don't try and convince yourself or others it's because you 'outgrew' the smaller bike.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts