Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whatever happened to GPS measurements? There are free Android apps. Just stick the phone in your pocket with the app running, then see what the logged top speed was. I use DigiHUD. My pregen Ninja speedo was over-optimistic by a whopping 10%. FZ6R 6-7%, R3 3%.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No idea how you guys are reaching those speeds. Last time I did a high speed highway run I topped out at a little over a hundred. Granted, I had a 50L backpack on (it was an overnight riding trip), and my total weight with gear was probably pushing 225lbs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live at 8000 ft above sea level with temperatures up to 25ºC, my 0-60 is about 7 seconds and top speed 107 mph, i think not bad for 70% of oxigen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A couple of years ago I did a skills day on an old airfield, at one point the instructor let us blast up the runway, I got to an indicated 96mph. I weigh less than 140lbs if that makes any difference!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I need to check my GPS data from my last track day, but I recall my top speed on the front straight was 104mph before I put on the brakes. I am sure the bike is capable of doing more on a longer straight.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I tested my speedo last weekend via the Android DigiHUD app. I'm around 100-105 kg, and the bike shows 53 km/hour when GPS is on 50 km/hour. 6% higher.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got to 105 on highway, but I'm not the most lightest or aerodynamic and it was on a flat stretch :)

Being a relatively new rider, it felt like flying tho!

381 - 395 of 395 Posts