Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Ninja 300, has approximately 13,000 miles on it. Its my daily transportation. Few weeks ago it started having problem with stalling while in motion, going about 5 mph or just standing at the stop light. Well i thought its battery issue, so i trickle charged and it worked fine for another week. Now i am facing a problem with my bike not starting at all. I tested another battery of a different Ninja 300 on my bike and still not starting. (so its not battery issue).
What happens when i am trying to start it is:

1. All the lights come up.
2. Bike cranks up but does not start. (90% of the time)
3. Sometimes all the lights come up but no cranking noise. (10% of the time)

Any ideas what it can be? Should i try replace spark plugs and then go for replacing starter? Or can it be something else? :emot-bang:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Bad gas?

Had starting issues with my Ducati for a while. Put some of that fuel injector cleaner and good Shell 93 octane and pretty much went away. This was after I used some no name 91 octane.

Also, was your bike part of the 2013 ECU recall?

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya my bike was the part of the ECU recall, which i replaced in like April 2013. So since than, my bike was running perfect. I use only Shell or Chevron 91 Gas. And once a month (for the past 6 month) i ve been adding a little bit of Royal Purple Max-Booster (Octane Booster and Stabilizer) to my tank when i fill up. By little bit i mean, one 16 Fl OZ can lasted me 6 month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does it make a clicking noise? Have you checked the connections? I know my other bike when it wouldn't start it was the battery at first. Then because of all the usage and being so humid here it caused corrosion on the wires, which I had to have them replaced. So it might be the wire at the battery end or at the starter end. Something you might want to look at before replacing starter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts