Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I took my ninja 300 for a ride and it was doing good after that I stopped for abit then went for another ride but when I went into 1st gear and let of the clutch slowly the bike would start shaking and then it would stall.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please let me know as I am new to this

·
Registered
349 Posts
not sure how new to riding you are...but are you also giving it gas as you're slowly letting out the clutch?

·
Registered
520 Posts
If it idles smoothly at about 1200 RPM, most likely you just need to add a bit more throttle as you are letting out the clutch or hold it in the slip-zone longer.

The clutch won't be all the way out until you are moving - maybe 10 feet (3M) or so.

It takes some experience to balance the amount of slipping with the amount of throttle to keep them balanced. As you get more experience the slipping will be less.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If it idles smoothly at about 1200 RPM, most likely you just need to add a bit more throttle as you are letting out the clutch or hold it in the slip-zone longer.
Important to highlight where the Ninja, like the vast majority of motorcycles, uses a wet clutch, slipping the clutch is much much less damaging that slipping the (dry) clutch of a car transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts