Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys! I did an install vid for the rear seat cowl. I was really excited because I actually wasn't expecting the cowl to come in until late December/ early January. But lo and behold, my dealership called me and told me that the seat cowl I ordered a month or so ago was in!! Christmas came early for MEW!!!!

Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah but I wasn't sure if the Ebay cowls were official Kawasaki cowls or if they were some generic brand. Plus the ones I've seen on Ebay don't even have a pic for the item they're selling!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
You can buy a seat cowl from Kawasaki for $120 (or you can buy a few of them from Kawasaki and sell them on ebay for $139 and make a little profit) :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm sorry to be the pervert here, but lubing holes, plow sticks, and finding holes, coming from a female has me rolling on the floor laughing. No offense, I just have a dirty mind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: Insurgentfriend1

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Kawi shocks me by the failure to make this a simple snap on/off like the seat. Shameful. I might have bought one if it was that simple to swap, meaning a turn of the key but removing a bracket, really? Not the end of the World but the seat and cover could easily use the same hardware and not involve a bracket you will lose and the nonsense that goes with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kawi shocks me by the failure to make this a simple snap on/off like the seat. Shameful. I might have bought one if it was that simple to swap, meaning a turn of the key but removing a bracket, really? Not the end of the World but the seat and cover could easily use the same hardware and not involve a bracket you will lose and the nonsense that goes with it.
Thats why i bought custom one

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah... Plus the price is too steep. It should be no more than $50, and should pop right on & off like the stock seat does... I'll pass on this and wait to see what comes from the aftermarket.

-THE DON

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Yeah... Plus the price is too steep. It should be no more than $50, and should pop right on & off like the stock seat does... I'll pass on this and wait to see what comes from the aftermarket.

-THE DON
Thats normal price for factory.. I paid $200+ for the one on my 600..

If you want the paint to match, $140- is a VERY fair price..

You can get made in china replica ones for the 250R for $50ish on ebay.. fit is not the best and the color matching is decent but you can tell its not the same..

Probably be the same case for the 300.. Personally I think $140 is VERY fair for being a FACTORY accessory..

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
So does it come on and off as easily as the seat does? (turn key)?

Yes, but the only real reason to remove it, unless you stash a pack of gum under the seat, is to put the pad back on for a passenger. That requires you to remove the bracket, and reinstall it when you want the cover again... nonsense. The cover should have the same fitting as the seat pad.

·
Registered
129 Posts
not only should the cover not have an extra bracket and be EASILY swapped back and forth between the cowl and rear seat, Kawasaki should include them with the original sale of the bike like the manufacturers used too.... the 300 was priced pretty good but really why cant they just still come with the bike, that way you can see the color matches either way

1 - 20 of 72 Posts