Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm currently in the process of stripping down a 300 a bought at auction to turn into a race bike. I was wondering if anyone in here had any must do or donts? I'm going to need a new front end as the forks were tucked. I was thinking of maybe throwing on a 600 front end if anyone had any great suggestions. I'm 6'1 185. Any and all ideas would be great. I plan on posting pictures of my progress in this thread

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know this might be far off, but it would be cool if you could take a ninja 650 motor and put it in there. I know it might not fit, but it would be pretty fast if you did.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't know if it is allowed where you are going to race but a 2006-2007 GSXR 600 rear shock is a great cost effective upgrade but stock forks then become the weak point.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Keep the front forks stock. Just add tapered bearing to the steering head.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are some cool cafe' racer kits for 250 Ninjas.

I would imagine there are Cafe' kits for 300 by now too. (Not a pure race bike but still fun.)

-Vorax

·
Registered
13 Posts
I race a 300. Im 6ft 195lbs. Get racetech springs for the front. And get the valve kit they sell. I eventually settled on 0.95's. The rear shock was Ok at first, but was dragging parts, so i got a ohlins, its got ride height adjustment.
Also, for sure get Woodcraft Underbody frame sliders, they are the best crash protection. I dumped it 3 times , same side, and the underbody pucks did a great job of saving the body work, and they are not exposed , prevents them from shearing off, or bending. Im not sponsored by them, but they are worth every penny.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the upcoming season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts