Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2014 ninja 300. I noticed that it has "PSR" rear lowering links but I cannot find the exact ones online. It's the 5 hole style. It looks like it is on the highest adjustment but wondering if anyone knew if that was stock height?

Also is there any chance someone with a 300 that has stock suspension could take some measurements from the ground to spots on the bike so I could compare?

I would like the bike to be stock height so will only find and buy original oem links if the current ones are lower. It looks like the previous owner lowered it a few holes but then eventually raised it to the highest setting again.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I measured 34.5 inches to the point on the tail side fairing.
I also measured 24 inches to the upper bolt of the passenger peg bracket.

My suspension is stock. The rear shock preload is adjusted to the most compressed position, which in theory should make the bike slightly higher. I don't know how much difference in height it should be from the softest to the hardest position. When I did the adjustment I didn't feel much difference.

I never took the suspension links out (dog bones), but I've read in this forum that the length of the stock links is 6.5 inches.
Remember that shorter links raise the bike and longer links lower the bike.

Another source to estimate the rear height of the bike is the specs chart, which says that the seat height is 785mm. However, the seat doesn't sit flat, so the height is not the same at the front end of the seat than at the rear end of the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help I'll check out my measurements tomorrow to see if they align! Yeah I tried to do the seat measurement but wasn't sure of the measuring points that's why I figured Ide check for other measurements on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts