1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
865 Posts
So.... basically I remove all the plasitc from my 300 and you have a naked bike.... LOL what do you mean by "new ninja" then? lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
It would be nice to see a naked ninja 300. A photoshop is needed here. I could imagine it in my head already.

They also are sometimes incorrectly called streetfighters. Here are some 250 streetfighters.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I prefer naked bikes, and I wouldn't want the belly fairings. Part of the idea is to get rid of extra weight. You know in Europe they have the ER6 which is the naked version of the 650r. Same everything except fairings. It's interesting how motorcycle companies release different bikes or versions in different countries. Invariably, I want something that is not released here in the US...like the ER6, or the fuel injected 250. There's a good chance even if Kawa did make an ER3, it wouldn't be available in the US.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My first was a 96 Suzuki gs500e, it was naked, and designed well. Once I got used to it, it was not bad, just a tail, and front tire fender, I don't even recall it being hot, it dispersed heat equally around it

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
They don't fair to well in the States. It took me ages to find a nice er-6n here in the US. I was really hoping KTM would release the Duke 200/300 (Naked) in the US, but KTM claim its to small for the US market. Sell's like crack over in India though.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Naked bikes are often geared differently than their faired counter-parts. The RSV-4 becomes the Tuono v4, and the Dakota becomes the Street Triple r...same engines, different gears and specs. Hopefully for a street fighter version, they would give more torque in the low and middle rpm ranges. Naked bikes do ok up to about 80 mph or so. Then the wind starts buffeting you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.