Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved how it takes corners and spits me out with a big grin but at 500k's later, it's not the same...

I have no clue what it is but lately every corner I have gone balls deep into, I have to correct myself to avoid lowsiding.

It seems like the tyres don't grip any more and feel bumpy. Suspension feels okay. I have checked tyre pressure and they are sweet.

Could it be that the factory tyres are rubbish and I need a softer/stickier compound?

Has never bothered me to start with but lately I have felt scared to lean too much. It's killing the fun of my short commute.

I have always wanted to sticky buggers but I never thought I'd have to get rid of the factory ones so soon. They still have their nipples on them!

Any ideas?

· Registered
761 Posts
You say the suspension feels ok, but what does that really mean?
Have you set the sag rates for your weight?
They set them at a happy medium at the factory, for many sized riders.
Try one addjustment at a time on adjusting the preload or the damping rate. Don't do too much at first.

Do a search on proper suspension setup. Here is one to get you started.

· Registered
761 Posts
Better yet, search for suspension tutorials by Dave Moss. He is a well known expert in sportbike suspension tuning.
Here is one of his videos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.