Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member to the site and also a new rider in general. I have been looking for the best RAM mount setup that i would be best for me. I have seen plenty of threads about RAM Mounts but want to know if anyone could tell me what size the Screw of the RAM Ball is that goes on seal on the handle bars by the clutch that is capped off. Here is a picture of hole i am inquiring about.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's the info you need. Found in another post:

The unused mirror hole thread is a M10 X 1.25 pitch, which was confirmed by my local Kawasaki dealer service tech.

RAM-HOL-UN7BU : X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER WITH 1" BALL
RAM-B-201U-A : RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
RAM-B-349U : RAM BASE WITH M10 X 1.25 PITCH & 1" BALL

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here's the info you need. Found in another post:

The unused mirror hole thread is a M10 X 1.25 pitch, which was confirmed by my local Kawasaki dealer service tech.

RAM-HOL-UN7BU : X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER WITH 1" BALL
RAM-B-201U-A : RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
RAM-B-349U : RAM BASE WITH M10 X 1.25 PITCH & 1" BALL
Anyone got this mount? Mind posting some pictures?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone got this mount? Mind posting some pictures?
i have this setup on my bike. i'll post pics later in the day. but it does not get in the way of riding. the x-grip holds my nokia phone and it does not budge. great product.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You might want to reconsider putting a ram mount there. I have one and the wind when your at high speeds is pretty strong. I worry it will blow my gps loose. I am planning on putting one in the center under the protection of my windscreen. I saw one recently that connects to the left and right two handbar bolt holes and has a pocket you slide your gps in. This is mine where it is at now.

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
here is where I mounted the ram mount. into the mirror hole on the handlebar left-side. I tested it at 90mph on the highway. phone didnt even budge. I do have a taller windscreen, so maybe that compensates. I definitely recommend this for phones. If you want GPS think SW motech mount. it looks very sturdy and fits large size screens.

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have RAM mounts on 3 places on my bike. I use them for the ability to mount cameras where I want to quickly. Phone mounted as a GPS also works... I can get it behind the windscreen when I use the longer arm on the handlebar location. I like the mirror mount for a camera position which doesn't move when I steer. The one behind my footpeg is just to get a unique view sometimes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts