Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently got into a lowside with my bike and my front wheel got bent. I found a store that'll give me a used one, but it's a 2015-2016 wheel. Do any of you happen to know if this'll fit a 2014 ABS?

Edit: to better clarify, the '13 - '14 share the same part number for front wheel, which is 41073-0589-R2. Then you have the' 15 - '16 that share the same which is 41073-0651-QT. I called a Kawi dealer and a Kawi rep, they said the only difference COULD be just color or minute details. And that it COULD fit. But they don't know for sure. So have any of you tried it at one point or know someone who has?

Also, the reason I can't try it myself is because I would have to actually buy the rim online first

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I recently got into a lowside with my bike and my front wheel got bent. I found a store that'll give me a used one, but it's a 2015-2016 wheel. Do any of you happen to know if this'll fit a 2014 ABS?

Edit: to better clarify, the '13 - '14 share the same part number for front wheel, which is 41073-0589-R2. Then you have the' 15 - '16 that share the same which is 41073-0651-QT. I called a Kawi dealer and a Kawi rep, they said the only difference COULD be just color or minute details. And that it COULD fit. But they don't know for sure. So have any of you tried it at one point or know someone who has?

Also, the reason I can't try it myself is because I would have to actually buy the rim online first
Hey there - I'm currently looking to confirm the same question! Wondering if the 41073-0651-QT (2015 ABS front wheel) and (2013 no ABS front wheel) 41073-0651-R2 are interchangeable? Did you make the purchase above and find out any more info? Cheers!

·
Registered
333 Posts
the ABS ring / tone wheel attaches directly to the front brake rotor and has nothing to do with the wheel. I can't imagine there would be any difference in ABS or non AB wheels. There may be color differences between the years, though, as mentioned above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts