Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Unless I'm not remembering correctly - the Ninja 300 is built in Thailand - though not sold there. That being the case, then I bet there are a few 300's in Thailand.
Yes of course but he is correct.
That is a Ninja 250 not a 300
In 2013 we had both the 250 & the 300
But while the rest of the world got the 300 right off we in Thailand got
what was called a special edition for the first 7 months of 2013
The one shown in the pic is that SE 250

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes of course but he is correct.
That is a Ninja 250 not a 300
In 2013 we had both the 250 & the 300
But while the rest of the world got the 300 right off we in Thailand got
what was called a special edition for the first 7 months of 2013
The one shown in the pic is that SE 250
The 250's and the 300's are the same bike (fairings, frame etc), just different engines correct? As in they look exactly the same, just have a different power plant?

Why do they do that? Is it a license requirement or insurance thing having to do with 250 cc's over there?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The 250's and the 300's are the same bike (fairings, frame etc), just different engines correct? As in they look exactly the same, just have a different power plant?

Why do they do that? Is it a license requirement or insurance thing having to do with 250 cc's over there?
Yes basically the exact same bike
Differences are the 300 has a little more stroke but same bore
The 300 has a slipper clutch & the 300 has ABS the 250 did not
Which I like because I have ridden so long I really dislike the feel or lack of feel with ABS ( just my opinion for me personally of course )

The fact that the 300 has a longer stroke also means slightly lower compression ratio & a slightly different rev characteristic

But having the 250 & 300 was nothing to do with license etc. I think mainly they still had 250's
I don't see them for sale now but the Kawasaki dealers do list them still.
Actually when I bought in Dec 2012 I wrote & asked Kawasaki Thailand's main dealers

I said will they release the 300 soon? They told me no way it is just for the rest of the world & we would not get it for at least 2 years so I bought the 250
Of course they fibbed & 7 months later the 300 was available.
So teh 300 was late coming here where they are built if you can believe it :) all you folks had them first

While I do not like ABS at all I would have taken a 300 because for only 25-30k Thai dollars more or roughly $750-$1000 you get the slipper clutch & the extra 50cc DOH!!!!! heheh
The 250 was $4766 & the 300 is $5560 here in US dollars

Well I guess those of us with a 2013 250 do really have a "special edition" :emot-bang:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mania, your 250's are fuel injected though right? What kind of dyno numbers does a fuel injected 250 put out?
Yes Fuel Injected but also the Asian Ninjas I believe as well as maybe the Euro ones? Where injected even before 2013 for a year or two?

Actually I cannot say for sure on the dyno as I have not seen a dyno myself
of this bike except some posted on FB at roughly 26-27 hp

But I know on the street they do 160kph top speed
( short time in 6th after winding to 11k rpm thru the gears)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.