Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
Welcome to the site :).

I really wish you'd have included an Akrapovic Slip-On in your later test (550 mile one), but it's all good. You relied on vendors who sent you their product. The reason for that is you guys actually have a good videos of exhausts 'in action'. Most videos I've found online of that slip-on are very poor.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Interesting to note how poorly the FMF full exhaust performed overall.

Also keen to know the science behind why both the Yoshi and LV full systems have better peak power whilst retaining the baffle compared to having it out. Good to know, I run mine with the baffle in.

Did you guys mix up the peak dB reading of the Yoshi at full throttle? You have the reading of the baffle out as being 120.5dB and the reading of the baffle in as 122dB? Seems odd that it would be louder with the baffle in, was wondering if that was a typo.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I wish someone would dyno some de-catted headers. I'm curious to see how it compares numbers wise.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Also keen to know the science behind why both the Yoshi and LV full systems have better peak power whilst retaining the baffle compared to having it out. Good to know, I run mine with the baffle in.
After I put my baffle back in, I noticed my bike's power was noticeably smoother throughout the powerband, especially at lower rpm and gears. I'm sure a tune would have helped when I had the baffle out, but now that I have it in, don't know if I necessarily need the tune since all I have is the slipon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pretty stupid puting that much money into a bike that just cracks 40hp would be far better off with puting money into tyres brakes clip ons so you can accutally use and put the power down weight reducton is free..... hah like yeah its great i wouldnt go passed a slip on for the sound only and morely for again sheding weight

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone? I have my dyno shootout in 8 hours with 13 other bikes and bikers who didn't do their homework. This one is for my ole lady though. She has been searching all over the internet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts