Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
what happened to your engine? sure you need a new crank? you can get it fixed and used oversized bearings
Well,
I got a bent rod, so a replace is needed. I choose to replace both.
Also, it seems that the crankshaft suffered a high temperature due to his decoloration (it's blue in one of the rod connectors) and it's a little bit deformed.

Apparently, all of this happened due to a bushing broken. It went across all the engine causing this damage.
The bike didn't notice any issue before, also excellent oil levels and proper maintenance.

Kawasaki told me that they never heard about something like this before (at least in my country).
No big mods on this bike. Just a full yoshi, a two brothers PCB and sparks replacement (NGK Iridium, 1 week before the "incident")

Sorry if I misspelled some word, I'm a better rider than english writer :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ouch, long time ago, sorry for that.
Both bolts are fine. Just one rod bent.

A few days ago a friend of mine with a 1000km Ninja 300 got same kind of issue, but the bolts broke and one of the rods went out from the engine. a big FAIL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the rod bearings gave up.... Don't know how it happened thought... One the left is thin as sheet metal and other one is the good.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
547 Posts
One of the rod bearings gave up.... Don't know how it happened thought... One the left is thin as sheet metal and other one is the good.
View attachment 115228

The picture comes with a 18+ age warning!!??!!:unsure:
To anyone curious: it's just a picture of bearing fragments being held between someone's fingers...nothing 'risqué' going on here...

What did the rest of the bearing look like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The picture comes with a 18+ age warning!!??!!:unsure:
To anyone curious: it's just a picture of bearing fragments being held between someone's fingers...nothing 'risqué' going on here...

What did the rest of the bearing look like?
the rest was as thin as sheet metal, same as in pic... PXL_20200926_090928350.jpg

I am trying to find spares and fix my engine myself.

I am not sure if I need to replace my crank shaft or not... It got surface marks. Can anyone suggest if it needs replacing.
Screenshot_20201015-100801.png
Red circled area is little rough while running over a finger while whites are normal. It is the same place where the hammered connecting rod bush was found damaged.

Connecting rod seems fine but thinking of replacing it too.
PXL_20200926_092046974.jpg

61 - 67 of 67 Posts