Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
are you sure? you talk black label with white letters that is in the chassis under the left handlebar?
yep...whats yours say?

·
Registered
262 Posts
mine says... made in japan...all of the 2014 abs models at the dealer I bought mine from said japan...non abs...thai-food:emot-ninja:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please report engine failures here

The objective of this theme is to have in one place, all those who missed us our engine, our Ninja 300, to complain to Kawasaki. And we claim that provide support even out of warranty, because it is a flaw that is happening to us several and is not normal at all.
My engine died at 21,000 km, with all the same symptoms you describe all (loss of power, engine noise inside and killed by a motor piston, connecting rod or bolt that failed)
In my case, I have not even taken my bike Kawasaki serving, but I spoke by phone with Kawasaki Uruguay and say my bike is the first having that problem -.-*
Thank you all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I love my ninja 300...but its no Yamaha...the build quality that Yamaha has kawi can't light a candle to....yamaha is just so expensive..:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please , I need this as a favor. I plan to use this evidence to claim a Kawasaki repair my bike .
it seems unfair not to take responsibility for a manufacturing error : /

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
There are maybe two other people who have posted threads with connecting rod bolt failures. Koreo is one, I believe. Search for threads created by him.

Cuong-nutz has a thread at the top of the issue and troubleshooting section right now.

Dave

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Threads merged!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Semi-old thread but still relevant and I hit it.

Yep mines busted. Loud tap tap tap you can hear through the pipes and loss of power. 12,500 km's. Its in the shop right now since it had 8 weeks warranty left. Ive serviced that bike at 1, 3, 6 and 9,000 kms. Cant wait to hear what Kawasaki have to say.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I fear I may have this same issue. My 2013 non abs has about 1200 miles on it and it lost all power today. Lost power in all gears as I was riding, I was 2 blocks from home, pulled the clutch to coast home, the bike stalled immediately.

Parked the bike, checked the oil, was good. Tried to start it, it barley kicked over like the battery had no juice. I let it sit for a few, tired to start it again with a little throttle twist, and it started.

Had a loud knock/slap sound, I turned it right off.

Side note: Installed shorty gp exhaust today before all this happened. Tool about a 60 mile ride afterwards. Coincidence? I think so, muffler has baffles and packing in it.

Worst part about this whole ordeal, I just bought this bike exactly 7 days ago.:frown2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Engine broken here.
Ninja 300 2014 ABS with 4200km. not in guarantee anymore.
Just normal riding at 10,000rpm and loss of power. tic-tic-tic-tic until engine stops.

New crankshaft, new rods, new oil pump. Suddenly, is not that easy to get a new engine here. 1000 usd in engine parts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Engine broken here.
Ninja 300 2014 ABS with 4200km. not in guarantee anymore.
Just normal riding at 10,000rpm and loss of power. tic-tic-tic-tic until engine stops.

New crankshaft, new rods, new oil pump. Suddenly, is not that easy to get a new engine here. 1000 usd in engine parts.
sorry to hear about your bike. not sure how you are getting 1000usd for parts, should be less than half of that. where are you located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry to hear about your bike. not sure how you are getting 1000usd for parts, should be less than half of that. where are you located?
Thanks buddy!
I'm located at South America but I've purchased the replacements parts in partzilla.
Total cost: $958 without shipping.
Can't purchase a used engine due to customs policies of my country :(

Now, I'm trying to decide if should I stay with this bike or get a different one.
Yamaha is launching the R3 here in my country (yes, now on. what a joke) at a better price. Or just take a jump to a 600cc one. Maybe the Ninja 650.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks buddy!
I'm located at South America but I've purchased the replacements parts in partzilla.
Total cost: $958 without shipping.
Can't purchase a used engine due to customs policies of my country :(

Now, I'm trying to decide if should I stay with this bike or get a different one.
Yamaha is launching the R3 here in my country (yes, now on. what a joke) at a better price. Or just take a jump to a 600cc one. Maybe the Ninja 650.

Good luck!
what happened to your engine? sure you need a new crank? you can get it fixed and used oversized bearings

41 - 60 of 67 Posts