Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 times my ninja 300 died on me... 2 times at a a stop sign and 1 time at a red light...

First time I just got off work and I take off and I stop at the first stop sign and it just turns off on me and my bike just idles.... then I start it back up and when I approach the next stop sign about 15 sec later it does the same thing... After that I was riding around for about 30 min and then I stop at a friends house to talk to her for about 15 min while the bike is off then I start it up and take off and once I stopped at a red light it died on me again... These were the only 3 times and it was all in that same day... This was on Friday and I have't had this happen again... I think it's because I didn't let bike warm up longer? idk? what do you guys think?

Also when I start my bike It stays at 2 rpms.. then I let it run for 2 min or so then it drops a little below 1.5 rpm.... My bike is always around 1.5 when its warmed... is that normal?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hmmm idle is fine.

Maybe something is wrong with the kickstand shut off.sounds like a electrical glitch rather than a mechanical one.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ninja 300 Stalling

PLEASE! Check out ALL of the threads on the Stalling Issues. This Bike is Mapped "VERY LEAN" from the factory and even with the stock exhaust this thing shut down on me on the first day of ownership. The only REAL way for satisfaction on this Machine is to get something like a Full System Exhaust like the 2 Brothers or Yoshimura R77 with a Power Commander 5 Module to make a "RICHER FUEL MAP" then this should run like it should without all of the Government Exhaust Restrictions. I have had this bike since Oct of 2012 and I am just now getting around to doing these Mods to make this Bike better. When I get it back. I will post my results when I test ride it. Thanks Ninja300 Stealth

·
Registered
286 Posts
PLEASE! Check out ALL of the threads on the Stalling Issues. This Bike is Mapped "VERY LEAN" from the factory and even with the stock exhaust this thing shut down on me on the first day of ownership. The only REAL way for satisfaction on this Machine is to get something like a Full System Exhaust like the 2 Brothers or Yoshimura R77 with a Power Commander 5 Module to make a "RICHER FUEL MAP" then this should run like it should without all of the Government Exhaust Restrictions. I have had this bike since Oct of 2012 and I am just now getting around to doing these Mods to make this Bike better. When I get it back. I will post my results when I test ride it. Thanks Ninja300 Stealth
Umm, not sure why you think the solution to his problem is to re-map. Yes, the bike is lean from the factory, but not so lean that you can't ride without it shutting off everytime you stop. Seriously, I have pod filters and no tune (so even more lean than factory) and my bike has shut off twice, both times from it being cold and me being in a hurry so I didn't let the bike warm up. Sounds like it needs an adjustment at the dealer and not $1000 in aftermarket parts thrown at it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Umm, not sure why you think the solution to his problem is to re-map. Yes, the bike is lean from the factory, but not so lean that you can't ride without it shutting off everytime you stop. Seriously, I have pod filters and no tune (so even more lean than factory) and my bike has shut off twice, both times from it being cold and me being in a hurry so I didn't let the bike warm up. Sounds like it needs an adjustment at the dealer and not $1000 in aftermarket parts thrown at it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App
agreed. Only time my bike has ever shut down on me was from a sudden stop before a full warm up and taking the bike out on a 23 degree day and the bike hadn't warmed up yet while trying to engine brake hard. Other than that my bike has run perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts