Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, I'm still running a 2001 250R until I can finally get my hands on a white 300.
My first bike was an '04 250. I loved that bike, but I love the 300 even more. It's everything that the 250 was, just better. Believe me, if you end up getting a 300 you won't regret it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice quiet display without recklessness.
Also glad to see none of the wedgie crew has posted the typical "Take it to the track" garbage.
Love the "wedgie crew" remark :laugh:

I haven't even had the chance to ride a 300 yet but just looking on paper and even cosmetically, the bikes are a small planet's worth apart. Updated cosmetics, updated dash.
More power, slipper clutch, all make it worth those extra pennies.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
People have mentioned some of the differences. Let's see if we can come up with a comprehensive list:

299cc engine over 249cc
Updated cosmetics
Modern Dash
Dual Headlamps
Fuel-Injection
Bigger rear 140mm tire (more tire choices, better looks, great handling)
Slipper Clutch
Improved Suspension
Fuel Gauge

Probably a lot more we missed. :D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
People have mentioned some of the differences. Let's see if we can come up with a comprehensive list:

299cc engine over 249cc -
Updated cosmetics
Modern Dash
Dual Headlamps
Fuel-Injection
Slipper Clutch
Improved Suspension
Fuel Gauge

296cc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first bike was an '04 250. I loved that bike, but I love the 300 even more. It's everything that the 250 was, just better. Believe me, if you end up getting a 300 you won't regret it.
Actually ended up getting an '07 Yamaha FZ6 and sometimes I have buyers remorse wondering what the 300 would have been like...missing my 250's better shifting trans and MPG. Don't miss the shitty carbs though lol (which the 300 wouldn't have)

·
Registered
397 Posts

299cc engine over 249cc
Updated cosmetics
Modern Dash
Dual Headlamps
Fuel-Injection
Slipper Clutch
Improved Suspension
Fuel Gauge

Older post but I just saw it now :)
Add a little something.............

It would have been interesting for you folks to also have had the 2013 250 special edition we had sold here in Thailand for the 1st seven months of 2013

It would have been interesting to hear what you folks thought of it too.
Basically the list above would have to be reduced to just the slipper clutch & the additional stroke added 50cc's of the 300
They both have 62mm Bore
The 250SE is 62x41.2
The 300 is 62x49
Other than that the bikes are identical.

But no doubt for the price difference of about $600 USD you could not buy those two things ( slipper clutch & 50cc more ) so....the 300 represents a very good deal in that way.

Actually there was one other thing & that was the 300 runs larger 32mm throttle bodies versus the 28mm's on the 250 SE

One side mention due to the stroke change is the 2013 250SE has a compression ratio of 11.3:1
and the 300 is 10.6:1
So a little different characteristic to the engine.
I am not much of a top end type as my rides mainly are very tight twisty mountains where 3rd gear & less is often the norm.
But for comparison I will say if I have a road that allows 6th gear I hit 160kph pretty quick after shifting to 6th & once did see 170kph having held 6th for a lil bit

I have "heard" the 300's here can reach 190kph but not seen/verified it myself.

Of course I am happy with my bike the 250 SE but if I had a choice at the time of course if it was available would have grabbed the 300 for the slipper clutch & 50cc extra for only $600 more :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts