Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see the 250R use a rubber topped footpeg while the 300 is an all aluminum one. The good news they both use the same size mounting bolt, 12x37.5 so the aftermarket pegs I order are a fit!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have never compared in person, but from looking at pictures I'm 99% sure it isn't the same / wouldn't fit.

I know some people have found CF tank covers though, so they have to exist somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been searching on this and can't find an answer: is the 250 radiator compatible? They look the same and the parts numbers are 39061 vs 39060.. so I suspect they're the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed a large amount of parts for the 250r were the same as the 300 so I figured it would be helpful to compile them in 1 spot.

To start:
K&N Air Filter (And 250r Snorkal Mod)
250r Rear Sets
Bro is the chain sprocket of 250r is direct fit and match to 300 2014 model ???

·
Registered
848 Posts
K&N Pod Filter
Clipons
Brake Lines
Brake/Clutch Levers
Brake Rotors
Brake Pads
Sprockets Front and Rear
Slip on Exhaust(minor modification may be required)
Gold Valve Emulators
Springs
Preload Adjusters
Rear Shock
Brake rotors would NOT fit!!!

I purchased 250R brake rotor off eBay, it didn't fit. There goes my $100+ :crying:

Ninja 250R

Ninja 300

·
Registered
2 Posts
mirrors

Does anyone know if rear view mirrors fit between 2008 ninja 250r and any 300 series? I chasing extenders but can only find 300 parts

·
Registered
61 Posts
what about the front end? I need a set of forks will the 2008-2012 250 set fit?
I just had to do the same thing. Yes they work I bought one it works. My other fork I took to a machine shop and it works perfectly. No creases or marks. Scary as hell watching him rebend it. Those things are way more durable than one would think. But the guy has to know what he is doing and the straightness tolerance for the fork seals is pretty strict. If there is any bend remaining after the work don't use it you are better off scrapping it. Great test is to see if it rolls on a flat surface smoothly. The machine shop I took it to got it straight in ten minutes and didn't even charge me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just had to do the same thing. Yes they work I bought one it works. My other fork I took to a machine shop and it works perfectly. No creases or marks. Scary as hell watching him rebend it. Those things are way more durable than one would think. But the guy has to know what he is doing and the straightness tolerance for the fork seals is pretty strict. If there is any bend remaining after the work don't use it you are better off scrapping it. Great test is to see if it rolls on a flat surface smoothly. The machine shop I took it to got it straight in ten minutes and didn't even charge me!

Thanks for the answer...both mine are creased. I would think they are too far gone to straighten out

·
Registered
848 Posts
what about the front end? I need a set of forks will the 2008-2012 250 set fit?
No.

Look at the previous page(Page 7).

I thought front brakes were the same, so I bought them off eBay which was a huge mistake.

Just look at all the details. The shape of fork aren't even close.
If you get a 250R fork, be prepared to get brake caliper, brake rotor, etc...

·
Registered
69 Posts
No.

Look at the previous page(Page 7).

I thought front brakes were the same, so I bought them off eBay which was a huge mistake.

Just look at all the details. The shape of fork aren't even close.
If you get a 250R fork, be prepared to get brake caliper, brake rotor, etc...
appreciated, I used another 300's front end.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I know there was mention about the 08-12 250 front wheel being compatible with the 300. Would it work with the ABS version of the 300? I'm assuming, if I purchase the correct ABS part, it'll swap right onto the 250 wheel?

EDIT: Looks like it won't work. The bolt pattern is different for the rotor/ABS. 5 bolts vs 6 bolts.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts