Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ninja 300 abs 2013
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. The epic that is my life currently is trying to get breaks back on. I am fairly new with bikes. And have spent even less time trying to fix mechanical things that need petrol to run. I needed breaks. I bought brakes. I removed the capilier and changed brakes. Now I can’t get it back on the tyre. Well I can but I can not mount them. It looks like I may be able to move those 2 screws. But at the same time the screws are in there tight and I think I am starting to strip them. It is easier with those t handles torx tools? Would it even help? Also how import is torque when getting it back on. I have a large set for the rear wheels. And that’s just the beginning of what I can see is going to end up with looks of memories haha /sarcasm

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
Did you push the pistons into the caliper? I didn't have any problem to put the caliper back in the wheel after changing the pads. Just some wiggling here and there. You may have to open the brake fluid reservoir to push the pistons into the caliper. Be careful not to make a mess with the fluid, and if you do, clean up the mess quickly, as the brake fluid will damage the paint or other metal finishes.

Torque for the caliper mounting bolts is 19Ft/Lb (25 N-m) If you don't have a torque wrench, give it a firm tight with a wrench no longer than a foot and check it again after each ride for a while until you're sure it's tight.

Stock bolts have a hex head. I don't see how a torx head will make any difference, but I guess it won't hurt. I don't know what's the idea after the torx bolts. I've had a BMW in the past where every single bolt was torx.

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
Here's my write-up on brakes, hope it helps

Reactions: Topaz
1 - 3 of 3 Posts