1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
R11 with the DB Killer is as loud as the R77 without db killer :S

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Thanks for the link. Looks nice but I got to say that I like the R77 style a bit more. The colour on this one looks much better though. Personal taste I guess...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lately I have just been liking the shorter compact systems more.
The long large can styles are starting to look very dated to me.

Could be because of all the MotoGp & WSB ;)
But I think it looks cleaner

Even this guy who shortened the system on a Leo Vince Cobra
I think it looks a lot better. Where before I never liked the Cobra looks wise
& use to call it the elephant trunk it now looks ok when shortened.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
One thing I do like is they have done away with the horrible muffler bracket/strap.

Still on the fence with this one, would love to hear it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like it. The shorter look suits the 300 (being a small bike) Not sure on that 'Metal Magic' finish though? Shame theres not a full carbon version..... That would have sealed the deal for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lately I have just been liking the shorter compact systems more.
The long large can styles are starting to look very dated to me.

Could be because of all the MotoGp & WSB ;)
But I think it looks cleaner

Even this guy who shortened the system on a Leo Vince Cobra
I think it looks a lot better. Where before I never liked the Cobra looks wise
& use to call it the elephant trunk it now looks ok when shortened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRbftL-0jF4
Haha. this is my friends bike, :D
and yes, somehow, I'd like to make an exhaust as an underbelly exhaust, so that what I do to stock R6 silencer in my bike, as for this Yoshi model, I like it, just make it short.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This exhaust definitely does not do it for me. Looks like someone stuck a funnel on the end of the pipe and called it a day.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't like the shape, or the stainless especially.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahah yes I see many do not like the funnel shape & neither do I.

But as I said I would love to see more short GP styled exhausts instead of big long cans.

Kind of like decades ago FMF started changing how we saw 2 stroke exhausts & others followed. But they started shortening the expansion chambers & using a little fatter silencer. Looked great. A Japanese company did the same but I forget who.
Maybe Noguchi?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
That's not what Yoshi's website says, so I don't know where you got those #'s

You are both sort of correct, mania has listed dB levels for a slip on and a full, which is why it seems odd:

The R11 level mania listed at 95dB with dB killer is a slip on;
The R77 level mania listed at 103.5dB without db killer is for a full system.

So a bit of conflicting info being chucked around, I will try and help below to clear up.

Ok.....dB figures taken below from Yoshimura Japan website, link to page for those that always want to double check :rolleyes::

http://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product/result.php?first=1&second=&third=&fourth=&fifth=&sub_maker_id=3&sub_car_id=1091

R11 Full System

with dB Killer:102dB/5,500rpm
without dB Killer:106dB/5,500rpm

R11 Slip On

with dB Killer:95dB/5,500rpm
without dB Killer:100.5dB/5,500rpm

R77 Full System

with dB Killer:96dB/5,500rpm
without dB Killer:103.5dB/5,500rpm

R77 Slip On

with dB Killer:91dB/5,500rpm
without dB Killer:98dB/5,500rpm

All of the above dB figures are for the stainless steel muffler with carbon end cap, and are dB readings installed on the 2013 Ninja 250/ABS as this R11 style muffler is sold in the Asian market so therefore marketed towards the 250 version of the bike as they dont get the 300 version. So therefore all above stated dB levels are for a 2013 Ninja 250, the 300 version may be slightly louder due to to the extra bit of awesome ;)

The sound levels may also be slightly different between carbon fibre versions and stainless steel versions due to differences in sound resonance inside the chamber, and the difference in muffling capabilities of the two dissimilar materials. There is alway some difference, but usually very small and negligible.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts