Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jeff 
#1 · (Edited)
Ah, hopefully much better than the last video haha! Also, hopefully you can all view the video on your country, I'm not sure why some get blocked in some countries - (well, obviously the music..) but yeah, let me know your thoughts guy I appreciate the comments and support!! I really enjoy riding and then compiling the clips to music afterwards! :cool:

#2 ·
Ah, hopefully much better than the last video haha! Also, hopefully you can all view the video on your country, I'm not sure why some get blocked in some countries - (well, obviously the music..) but yeah, let me know your thoughts guy I appreciate the comments and support!! I really enjoy riding and then compiling the clips to music afterwards! :cool:
this thread is meaningless without the actual video link :D

#4 · (Edited)
the music is not that bad, but it would had been better if that music was a second background sound to the actual background sound from riding
a good example maybe this

all credit to nick, i am just linking it for reference only

#5 ·

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEzXqCzdsUM
I can tell you do, great job on this one. Just a small suggestion, don't let the screen go black for more than like half a second. At 3:15 I would have rather you have gotten off your bike and stared at it for 7 seconds than that. Or have done a super gradual fade to black until 3:23 and then bam! cut back to action.

the music is not that bad, but it would had been better if that music was a second background sound to the actual background sound from riding
a good example maybe this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyyQOCbPZ9c
all credit to nick, i am just linking it for reference only

Hmm, interesting idea. But I would much rather the entire length of the film be missing the raw footage's audio (or even the entire length not have music and just the original audio) than for both to be playing at the same time the whole time.

But I say interesting because a film with the bike's sound being incorporated at the right moments for the right durations would be super awesome. Make that your next project kijho :) And again, nice work.

#6 ·

thanks for sharing the video. youtube dont like having music playing on the videos that is owned by someone else eg copyright so they block it ;)

#8 ·
Thanks for the comments guy! Hopefully some of you could watch it? (I'm hoping all?)

Sounds like some of ya' ain't huge fans of the dubstep kinda stuff!
Thats the biggest point I want to make mate, is not everyone likes the same kind of music. By putting dance /techno music in, made me switch off straight away. And probably many others too. If only 20% of people watching like that music, then your only gonna get 1/5th of the views you could have been getting. Your saying I hope all of you could watch it........even if we all could, some may not have wanted to after the music started.

The best way to get lots of views in YouTube videos, is to be neutral as possible. Little to no music. Its not only current owners but new and prospective owners that are searching these vids, and most just want to hear the bike going through its motions, a bit of commentary, I say a bit as some guys have a tendancy to waffle on a bit and talk about random shit that nobody cares about on a video thats supposed to be about the bike. Engine noise, a couple different angles and a bit of commentary about where you are and what your doing is going to get you twice, three times the views.

Im not kidding when I said I switched off as soon as the music started. If there wasnt the music, I probably would have watched it all as I like what you do with the editing and you have some really good footage and camera angles too.

But if I want a music video, I will switch on MTV mate.

No offense meant as I love your editing, but just wanted to point out the reasons to you and give my opinion on why I didnt watch it much past 30 seconds. Hopefully to help with constructive critisism that can help you make a better video that will be seen by more people.

#10 ·
No problem mate, I am glad you didnt take offence to what I said as none was implied at all.

All too often these days people are way oversensitive to constructive critisism, especially on internet forums, and take it more as personal critisism. I am so glad you are not one of those people and look forward to seeing more of you around the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.