Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I have just decided to get a new 300. this will be my first new bike. I am from Indiana around the Richmond area. I am looking for people to ride with and become friends.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Don't forget to wear all your gear, welcome!

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
what all gear will I need and you guys know anywhere that I can get a good deal on some
Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Boots / Shoes, Pants

Try to at least get a Helmet in the price of the bike, and then just worry about a Jacket, and pair of gloves elsewhere.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome!! YOu chose an excelnt bike

As for gear I would recommend you always dress for the slide not for the ride
(cause you never know what the world is going to throw at you)

So most definitely a helmet. I would not skimp here. Make sure it is new and approved by DOT and Snell.

I would also always wear a jecket with approved armor, boots that cover the ankle, long pants (jeans or better), and gloves (preferably leather).

And don't forget to enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the 300 club!! My son just picked up a 300 as his first bike also, you have made an excellent choice. Spend money on a good helmet, most important investment you will ever make, gloves are next, if you hit the ground skin leaves the body really quickly. And please dont ride without boots, shoes just dont cut it!! Enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome. If you buy your gear online go to a store that carries what you want first to make sure it fits you right, and you feel comfortable in it. Riding with gear that is uncomfortable or annoying will distract you and will put you at risk. If you wear rx glasses make sure they work with your helmet.
Nice choice of bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
131 Posts
what all gear will I need and you guys know anywhere that I can get a good deal on some
Im also a huge advocate of cycle gear. If you have a store in your area, they will fit you properly and order, if they dont have it available.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts