Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ridden for quite a few years, then started racing last year. That was on a liter bike. I did ok but think the bike corrected many of my flaws as a rider. Bought this Ninja to focus more on improving my skills, not relying on HP. So far, I'm having a blast! Hope to learn more on the forum.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome!

What made you get the N300 over the R3, RC390 and N400?

Less and less N300 at the track every year, which makes sense, of course, because it's not being brought to US since 2018.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

What made you get the N300 over the R3, RC390 and N400?

Less and less N300 at the track every year, which makes sense, of course, because it's not being brought to US since 2018.
Honestly, I was looking for an R3 but they were between 5-7k for race ready ones, around 3-4k on Craigslist for used. After all the race goodies would have been about the same as a race prepped one. Heard bad reliability issues with the KTM. Found the the Ninja for 3k, race prepped with JRi suspension, full exhaust, woodcraft clip ons/pegs/rearsets, spares....etc.
For sure this bike is not as popular, actually I'm the only one in my class. What it lacks compared to the other bikes only makes me more determined to get better.
I know the bike can run with them. I looked back on lap times and the best times on each, to include the CBR300 are all within one second of each other so it can be done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts