1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Very nice looking seat!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
That looks like a very comfortable seat. I considered one like yours but did not think that the shape fit the lines of my Ninja. Form over function I guess. I did a compromise and purchased a Corbin. It is more comfortable than the stock seat but still looks like it belongs on a sport bike.

Attachments

Reactions: 68charger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does look a bit out of place, however it is much more comfortable than the stock, much more comfortable than the corbin and cheaper than the corbin as well. I've got about 300 miles on it now and i gotta say the function trumps aesthetics. This guy also makes a sportier looking seat he calls the sport bucket. Here is a pic of that. I wanna say he charges 200 for the sport bucket and 250 for the full bucket which is the one i've got. Dude is Terry's custom seats, hes out of TN. Super nice guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also have my techspec tank pad peeling off from the bottom. Does anyone have ideas on how to fix it?
Either you didn't clean the tank with rubbing alcohol very well, tried to ride it within 24 hours of application, or you are trying to get it to lay over an uneven surface. All the wax needs to be off before laying it in place.

TechSpec has a good customer service dept - email them and ask about what you can do. I've had them replace a set that would not stick very well, not saying that they will replace yours, but at least contact them. :smile2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Either you didn't clean the tank with rubbing alcohol very well, tried to ride it within 24 hours of application, or you are trying to get it to lay over an uneven surface. All the wax needs to be off before laying it in place.

TechSpec has a good customer service dept - email them and ask about what you can do. I've had them replace a set that would not stick very well, not saying that they will replace yours, but at least contact them. :smile2:
I believe I've taken a good amount of precaution before I stuck it on. Cleaned the tank surface with glass cleaner and microfiber, heated the pad before sticking it on, and used a big socket to roll over it and get the air bubbles out. I even covered the bike up for a day.

Couple of days later, the bottom edge slowly started peeling off and dust started getting in. Now the bottom part sort of protrudes out, while the rest of it is intact.

I'll definitely contact them, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is one comfy looking seat there my friend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Comfy looking seat, although I like the look of his "sport bucket" a bit better. I have the same bike! Curious how you managed to get the stripe decals of the fairings. I mean I have an idea how to do it, but any advice would help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts