Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this will be my first bike,i plan to commute on this bike work,school ect
but everyone keeps telling me it wont be enough bike or that i will grow out of it very fast,

that being said im wondering if this bike will be right for me i dont think ill need a bigger bike i have no need to go 120+ especially around here(bay area).
so im wondering what you guys though ,how long will you have your bike,and would it be good for me and something i can have for years ?

·
Banned
562 Posts
u will never outgrow this bike unless you become a professional racer
anything else will be a want
there are people that have 250s that swear by them i think peanut races his
buy what you want
but people who say that you will outgrow this bike i guarranty are not using 90 % of the
bikes potential

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think if you read around here for a few days you will learn a great deal about the bike and people's experiences so far. Also check youtube for some great reviews. Making a decision for yourself will be very easy after doing this.

Also, go to a dealer and see one in person. Sit on it and some others. See if it feels comfortable.

I was surprised to hear some of the reviews from people that had come from bigger bikes and rode the 300 for the first time...

I don't have mine yet, so all I have to go on is info I've gathered from doing what I just talked about :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks gott. i have actually went and sat on one feels very comfy even me being so tall i love the look .

but when i get everyone telling me i will grow out of it kind of worry's me. i will read around more.

also with what icon wrote is making me want the 300 more what the point in having a larger bike if you never get to use it

·
Banned
562 Posts
well here are some more facts about the 300 vs a zx6r

Ninja 300

• Length: 79.3 in
  • Seat Height: 30.9 in
  • Width: 28.1 in
  • Wheelbase: 55.3 in
  • Weight: 379 lbs
  • Rake: 27°
  • Trail: 3.7 in
Ninja ZX6R

• Length: 82.1 in
  • Seat Height: 32.7 in
  • Width: 27.8 in
  • Wheelbase: 54.9 in
  • Weight: 427 lbs
  • Rake: 23.5°
  • Trail: 4 in
Ninja ZX10r (just for laughs)

• Length: 81.7 in
  • Seat Height: 32 in
  • Wheelbase: 56.1 in
  • Weight: 436 lbs
  • Rake: 25°
  • Trail: 4.2 in

The 300 is wider than the zx6r and less than half an inch longer wheelbase
I have a pic of my 300 sitting next to my 650r and if you didn't know which was which
you couldn't tell one was bigger.

still think you will outgrow the 300?

btw i am 5 11 weigh 245 (and losing) and i fit my bike just fine
and hell it is fun as sh*t to throw her around the corners
every day my confidence goes up and my handling skills improve

Reactions: HateSneezing

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Everyone says you'll outgrow it because they don't know what they're talking about. The one person who talked the most crap to me about the 300, who claimed it couldn't even go 60mph, now owns a 300. That will show you what those naysayers "think" they know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well here are some more facts about the 300 vs a zx6r

Ninja 300

• Length: 79.3 in
  • Seat Height: 30.9 in
  • Wheelbase: 55.3 in
  • Weight: 379 lbs
  • Rake: 27°
  • Trail: 3.7 in
Ninja ZX6R

• Length: 82.1 in
  • Seat Height: 32.7 in
  • Width: 27.8 in
  • Wheelbase: 54.9 in
  • Weight: 427 lbs
  • Rake: 23.5°
  • Trail: 4 in

The 300 is wider than the zx6r and less than half an inch shorter wheelbase
I have a pic of my 300 sitting next to my 650r and if you didn't know which was which
you couldn't tell one was bigger.

still think you will outgrow the 300?

btw i am 5 11 weigh 245 (and losing) and i fit my bike just fine
and hell it is fun as sh*t to throw her around the corners
every day my confidence goes up and my handling skills improve

actually what you said about not even really useing the larger bike to its full potential had me conviced that the 300 will be good for me.

i dont really care about 0-60 or anything but from what i read it is very fast in the lower gears(True?)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have been riding road bikes since 1996, i plan to keep my 300 for at least another 5 years possibly even longer. i have no need for a larger cc bike any more, been there done that with vfr800, k1200rs, k1200ltse, the 300 is a nice sports tourer for myself

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone says you'll outgrow it because they don't know what they're talking about. The one person who talked the most crap to me about the 300, who claimed it couldn't even go 60mph, now owns a 300. That will show you what those naysayers "think" they know.
lol wich is the reason i wanted to ask some actual people that ride the bike so i appreciate you guys aswering my queston :D

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Dirty - what sounds more fun between the two:

Taking a 1k bike and never leaving 3rd gear
Taking the 300 and whipping that bitch around.

·
Banned
562 Posts
actually what you said about not even really useing the larger bike to its full potential had me conviced that the 300 will be good for me.

i dont really care about 0-60 or anything but from what i read it is very fast in the lower gears(True?)

the bike is very fast in all its gear
esp if you add the 15t front sprocket
i have heard you lose a little torque but you instantly
have a useable 1st gear and better power spread through the band
in my opinion
and then with a tuner and exhaust you could approach 45 hp
on a 370 pound bike? thats crazy
plus i read somewhere that every 6 pounds you drop is 1 hp
well the damn fender easily weighs 6 pounds in my opinon

my goal is to get my 300 to 50 hp to me that would be awesome
hehe

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I could get my 300 to 50 HP, that would be amazing. It would be the baddest bike to go into the corners with and beat any bike on a road with tight turns any day. This bike has some major potential. I can't wait to see what these major companies put out for this bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the bike is very fast in all its gear
esp if you add the 15t front sprocket
i have heard you lose a little torque but you instantly
have a useable 1st gear and better power spread through the band
in my opinion
and then with a tuner and exhaust you could approach 45 hp
on a 370 pound bike? thats crazy
plus i read somewhere that every 6 pounds you drop is 1 hp
well the damn fender easily weighs 6 pounds in my opinon

my goal is to get my 300 to 50 hp to me that would be awesome
hehe
i plan on doing the 15T sprocket, will adding just a slip on exhaust do anything for hp ? and what would you do to get more HP..........not that i need it know but after awhile maybe

·
Banned
562 Posts
i dont think a slip on will add anything
as far as horsepower, a full exhaust, a tuner system and removing excess weight (ie lighter batter, fender eliminator kit, maybe a seat cowl not sure but stuff like that
i have already changed my levers and will be changing the rear sets

·
Registered
345 Posts
i plan on doing the 15T sprocket, will adding just a slip on exhaust do anything for hp ? and what would you do to get more HP..........not that i need it know but after awhile maybe
A slip on won't add much hp, but it will take off a lot of weight, which in turn will make the bike a tad bit quicker. Stock exhausts are usually quite heavy.

Full exhaust (should be paired with a fuel management system), will do both. Give you more hp, as well as removing weight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the help after your help im pretty set on getting one.

just need to do my MSF get my Gear and get some quotes :D hopefully the bike will last me a long long time :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey dirty, I'm a noob too like you, I have over 1k on my bike. Just wana add up too that you should invest heavily on your gears. Welcome and I'm sure you'll not regret it. Don't forget to tell us about your experience once you have the bike and post some pics as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey dirty, I'm a noob too like you, I have over 1k on my bike. Just wana add up too that you should invest heavily on your gears. Welcome and I'm sure you'll not regret it. Don't forget to tell us about your experience once you have the bike and post some pics as well.
i will post some picks and yeah i plan to buy the best gear i can get been trying alot of stuff on

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
going to get my bike in a couple weeks just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the help plan to try and keep the bike as long as i can :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts