Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have very little motorcycle experience and what I do have is on dirt bikes (drz 400 with a 90 over kit in it) I know how to shift brake clutch etc. I have absolutely no desire to go over 70mph and hope my front tire never comes off the ground. I am looking for a new street bike just to cruise around on a nice sunny afternoon and occasionally take to work (15 miles of 65mph highway). I had been looking at 250s until I stumbled upon the ninja 300 limited edition. Would y'all recommend this as a good starter bike? I'm 21 6 foot 1 and 150 pounds

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
The 300 will easily put you over 70mph. You may want a scooter, because you will succumb to the desire to go faster and act a fool.

It's also my first bike and I love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like this is the bike for me. Hopefully ill be a proud owner within a month or so. Gunna get my license first and take a training course for some practice on a bike that I don't care If I drop lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
its my first bike, and to be honest- it has its pros. it really does. but after you buy the bike brand new at the dealer, after riding it you will notice all the little things you want to adjust on the bike. for instance the friction zone on the clutch it pretty far out, so you will want to get some adjustable levers for it. and the stock pipe sounds like shit and is way too quiet, so you gotta change that out.

and stock you have to shift to 2nd gear at like 10mph. first and second, and maybe kinda third gear are all very short. so if you are going to be cruising around the city streets and hitting stop lights you will have to do a sprocket swap.

unless you dont mind the short shifts in lower gears and want to keep all the mid range power this bike has (and it really does.) cause this thing can hang on the freeway, you got power to over take cars at 70+mph. its actually pretty surprising.

anyways, my point is that you will end up spending money on the bike to tweak it to your liking after the purchase at the dealer. so it really is an investment.

BUT! it is a fun bike, with reasonable and manageable power. especially for first time sport bike riders. good gas mileage, looks sporty, and has tons of after market parts options (even after only being available for five months.) its a comfortable ride, and is truly good for someone who wants to make a safe, smart choice on a first bike to learn on. you can either upgrade and customize this bike to death, and keep it for a number of years with significant power. or move on from it after months or years on to a 600cc bike for some really ridiculous power and capabilities.

unfortunately i already know i am going to customize this bike to my liking, and after having it for a year, maybe two, i am going to sell it. which sucks cause i will end up having spent like $8K on this bike and be lucky to get $4K-$4.5K for it.

so just know what you are getting yourself into, as far as finances and emotional attachment to the bike go.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
the 300 is my 1st bike , i even didnt have any expirience on motorcycles before, just took the msf, bought some good gear , best thing i have bought with my money till this day...

Reactions: ketch8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts