Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a new rider still on my L's and ive just hit 1000kms on my new 300SE. Im not sure if there is a thread where this has already been discussed but i'll post this up any way.

I need to get it serviced, according to the Manual i can do it my self as i have some mechanical knowledge. In having said that the warranty booklet says that i should get it done from a dealer or a authorized technician and doesn't mention anything about doing it your self!

Does it need to be done at a Kawasaki Dealer? or can i do it my self? I saw some you tube videos and it seemed to be extremely easy.

Will it in any way void the warranty?

My uncle is a regular car mechanic, do they automatically qualify as motorcycle technicians and can they stamp the booklet also or do i need to get it done at a dealer?

The dealers want 270 dollars, that's $200 for the service and $70 for parts.

Normally this would not be an issue but i have recently lost my job and everything i had saved went into the bike.

Your help would be awesome.

Thanks a lot guys.

:D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
g'day mate & welcome aboard. i was always lead to believe the 1st service had to be done by the dealer or at least a kwaka dealer of some description. however, after the 1st service you can do it yourself if you wish so long as you do it "by the book" so to speak.

when i bought my bike i got the 1st service included in the deal, i payed labour only, no parts, was $99

·
Registered
813 Posts
bastards! I paid only for labor which came to $200 at the dealer I got the bike from. Honestly think first service should be free.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
bastards! I paid only for labor which came to $200 at the dealer I got the bike from. Honestly think first service should be free.
if you think it should be free, then you should have negotiated better when you bought your bike;)

next time you need to buy a bike or what ever, im just a return airfare away, you pay for my plane trip & i will help you get a good deal:D

·
Registered
420 Posts
I do mine myself and i can tell you now, there is nowhere near $70 in parts. If you're able to service a car you can do the bike with your eyes closed.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was told first service is an oil change and they check the tightness of everything else and adjust idle if needed

No spark plugs?

mine 175 but I called 4 dealers highest was 300 thats Bs that there even different

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
You could replace the spark plugs with these ones form Kalecoauto

Spark plugs are often misunderstood by most people. A spark plug's name is quite literal. They are designed to plug the line - and suppress any spark that may come through. Of course, you know what happens if a spark finds an open fuel source!! That could get ugly! KaleCoAuto extra retardant plugs block 99% of spark, and allow 95% of ignition molecules to pass through. That's 25% more than the competition, and unlike the competition, KaleCoAuto plugs never need cleaning.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The manual says that if a first service is not performed by a shop/dealer then you may not get stuff that's under warrantee covered. At least it's like that in Canada. So if you were to do the first service yourself and something is wrong with the bike (unrelated to your DIY first service) they will not check it until they perform another first service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts