Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

New Rider from Pearland TX!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  phrenetiK 
#1 ·
Took the safety course March 2nd/3rd and one weekend later i got the special edition green and black 300!!

First day of riding it around my neighborhood i found another guy with a black 300 who told me about this forum so here i am!

i only have about 80 miles on it so far, but i can't wait to be finished breaking her in!

i want to get enough experience on it before i get a ZX6R or GSXR600, but i figured a 300 is a great starter bike and so far it IS!!!

#3 ·
Yeah man, I have about 88 miles on mine, got her yesterday. She has the perfect amount of power for me, and I have not been past 8k RPM's yet.

I had her linger around 8k for maybe 4 seconds, and I let her come down. They told me to fluctuate the speed and rpm's and not stay at the same speed. So i've been letting us feel out different speeds and rpm's, but I still baby it when I do it

#5 ·
yea i've been keeping it at 6000RPMs and less, but i don't wanna baby her too much i'm probably going to raise it up to 7000RPMs until i get to 200miles, then 8000 until i get to 300 miles. haha not sure if that's a good break in plan, but waiting until 500 miles is gonna take foreeverrrrr! i agree with you though, as long as we fluctuate the speed i think we should be aightt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.